Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This Bisley looks nice and crisp but the bluing streaks on the backstrap make me think it has been re-blued with a Birchwood Casey kit. What do you think? It looks nice, but I don't know that it's $3800/$6500 nice. What say you?

Gesture Revolver Finger Nail Thumb

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the wear on the rest of the gun, it looks to have been a working man's gun in it's early life. The streaks don't say cold blue touch up as much as it says things have been run across it while holstered or been used while wearing work gloves... to me. I have seen that kind of wear before and is not uncommon. It looks to me to have mostly original finish except maybe on the barrel from the front sight back. It looks a little too bright compared to the rest of the barrel. Again, this is my opinion, and without looking at it it person in the sunlight, it's anybody guess.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts

This Bisley looks nice and crisp but the bluing streaks on the backstrap make me think it has been re-blued with a Birchwood Casey kit. What do you think? It looks nice, but I don't know that it's $3800/$6500 nice. What say you?

View attachment 751194
I see no evidence of rebluing. Even if there are touched up spots on the backstrap, that would not keep me from bidding. The Buy-Now price is absolute tops.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I assume from reading Kopec that the 1 on the rear trigger guard bow is an assembler's mark. I have asked for better non-blurry images. Is there anything that would give you pause on this piece? It looks honest to me.

Revolver Gas Bicycle part Automotive exterior Electric blue

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Prices are a bell curve. The left side of the curve are face to face, friends and family type deals. At the right side of the curve are retail prices. The very highest prices are fewer, the "toe of the curve", but those are typically auctions.
So for a Bisley like this, the price range may be, say, $1600 - $5500, with most people paying in the middle, a few paying lower, a few higher. And very few pay very low, or very high. That doesn't stop sellers from asking the highest price realized at a competitive auction, even if not an auction. If they have time to find that 1 out of 100 that will pay $6800.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts