Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time back, several guys were exchanging info about a Colt - the likes of which I've never seen ... it was a custom piece, or semi-mass-produced custom piece, like a Lew Horton's, maybe? It was a short barrel, .357 Colt on the Mk III frame with a red ramp front sight and some other goodies I don't recall. It may have had a, "snake," name ... Somebody refresh my feeble memory?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It Twas....

The Combat Cobra.
Bright Stainless snubbie that's a dressed up version of the King Cobra with wood stocks and was made up for Lew Horton.
Pretty hard little bugger to find.

I forgot who has one around here ???
Was it Majic or Diamondback68 ?
Show this man the pics.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[This message has been edited by GUNKWAZY (edited 04-28-2005).]

[This message has been edited by GUNKWAZY (edited 04-28-2005).]

·
Registered
794 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rcwambold:
it was a custom piece, or semi-mass-produced custom piece, like a Lew Horton's, maybe? It was a short barrel, .357 Colt on the Mk III frame with a red ramp front sight and some other goodies I don't recall. It may have had a, "snake," name ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Below fits all your criteria (although I don't actually believe this is the one you were thinking about):

King Cobra CCL. 2.5" short barrel with red insert on front sight, blued, limited production by Western Hoagee, wood stocks, 357.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The King Cobra CCL was blued (I'm still kicking myself for not getting the one I saw) and the Combat Cobra was a polished SS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A local shop has a King Cobra in stock. At least they did Thursday.
Winchester Gallery. Page down after it comes up. I don't know who did their site.

I forget what they were asking.

Brian

[This message has been edited by PZ93C (edited 05-01-2005).]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aha! Thank you, Gentlemen! Yup! If I can find one of these - any one of 'em, with the Mk III or V action and frame and shorter barrel I'll get after it. (Especially with the red ramp.)Thanks for the pix, Majic!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uh-oh. You know the phrase, "If you have to ask how much it costs - you can't afford it!" Well, I won't ask ... Thanks for the leads, guys, but too rich for my blood. Guess I'll get my Official Police fixed and work on my right cross! (I USED to have a blackjack I was fond of ...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts