Colt Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
As veeman siad, NEVER lie to your wife. Especially about the cost. More than once Ole Joe passes on and the widow sells the guns at a fraction of what they're worth because Ole Joe lied about their cost. In this case, I'd tell her that, "yes I promised for a year, but this just came up and it's a heck of a deal. What do you say I get this one because they don't come up at this price and condition very often." That is better than lying about buying a gun, or about the cost of a gun.
Dan

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Many of the responders here are not on a fixed income. It's impossible to hide the money transaction. I just ordered a 2020 Python with my brides blessing because I told her it would be hers. Now she's as anxious to get it as I am. Honesty is the best policy - as corny as it sounds.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Now here's the smart one. His wife will still be the winner, my wife see's a new gun going into the safe and knows it like money in the bank. When I'm gone that's tax free money and she keeps up with where to market them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I'm fortunate, as when I buy a new gun my wife either asks, "Cool. When are we going to the range to shoot it?" Or, she'll claim it for herself. She already owns 15 she's bought for herself or that I've purchased for her as gifts.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
First wife was pretty far left in her thinking and really stifled my gun fun. So out she went and found me a gal brought up in a coal mining town, learned to hunt and cook squirrels and became a pretty sharp therapist. It’s a win win win situation. Just sayin’
Keeps her gun in her bedside table.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'll be out of the gun market for a few months, wife wants a new/newer SUV to replace her aging Blazer and I won't take out a loan. I don't owe any bank a cent, and it's gonna stay that way.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
As a follow up to my original post, I picked up the Colt! Beautiful colors, excellent fit and finish. Serial Number is the highest I've seen posted, S87974A.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts