Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few members and I have been carrying the load with respect to the image contests prizes.
If you have something you'd like to donate, we can sure use it.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cam, you always come through. Our last image contest, in which Paul donated a Colt letter and I donated a Randall Triathlete, had 80 entries and over 11,000 views. I'm hoping we have some members that will step up with a prize donation.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rick, not sure what you are looking for, however if you are interested, I would donate a UpLula universal magazine loader 9mm to .45acp, a Hoope's 9 Bore Snake for .44 and .45 caliber. Also, a check for $25 so one or two winners can subscribe to a gun magazine for one year. If interested send me your mailing information.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick, not sure what you are looking for, however if you are interested, I would donate a UpLula universal magazine loader 9mm to .45acp, a Hoope's 9 Bore Snake for .44 and .45 caliber. Also, a check for $25 so one or two winners can subscribe to a gun magazine for one year. If interested send me your mailing information.
Thanks! The check is thoughtful but I don't think it will be necessary but the other items will be welcomed. Hang onto them and you can send them directly to the winner.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Rick,
I enjoy these contests, but feel there needs to be a little better direction as to the winner.
The last go-a-round had some very fine and thoughtful photo's entered, that in my opinion, were much better and thought out than the #1 voted on .
Suggestion.
1. Set the theme
2. Set the criteria for the winner
Layout/ Composition
Lighting
Color
Originality
Add what else you think.
Set up a panel (3 members or how many you want, maybe just you)
Have them pick the top 5 photos based on the criteria and then have the membership vote.
This does away with any of the "good old boy" argument.
Don't know if this is possible, but publish the photo's with no ones name attached.
The contest you had just before this one, you had something like this set up, but the contest was canceled I think when the site was sold.
No sour grapes, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Thanks Rick for all you do with this. Great addition to the forum.

Would it be possible to change the contest somehow so that the order of the pictures in the thread doesn’t play a factor in the outcome? I believe Pictures 1 & 2 won the last one. And not to take away from the winners’ great images, but being early is a big advantage I think. Unless the first picture is bad almost everyone is going to like it after opening the thread just because it is first up.

Just some thoughts.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Thanks Cam for all you do with this. Great addition to the forum.Would it be possible to change the contest somehow so that the order of the pictures in the thread doesn’t play a factor in the outcome? I believe Pictures 1 & 2 won the last one. And not to take away from the winners’ great images, but being early is a big advantage I think. Unless the first picture is bad almost everyone is going to like it after opening the thread just because it is first up.Just some thoughts.
I think you mean Rick (RBscrim) not me. He runs the Image Contest and deserves the credit.

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
Rick...I have a few items I can donate. Do I simply send them you?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rick...I have a few items I can donate. Do I simply send them you?
Everyone please keep your prizes with you. Once a winner is determined for a particular prize, you can send your prize directly to the winner.
PLEASE post images of your prizes in the prize thread on the contest forum. We'll know who donated them and the winners we'll see what they've won!

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd like to address the voting and selection of the winners. We have a friendly forum here. The image contests are just for entertainment, education and exhibition of our imaging skills. Ideally the images would be judged on content and creativity alone with no consideration given to the popularity of the individual or the cool factor of the guns. The reality may be less than ideal but this is for fun and all we can do is ask that the criteria be followed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts