Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I'm watching that one as well. Probably won't bid though, I'm partial to blued. Nickel came out in 1957 I think. Wish they would show the damage to the box.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
+1 ...box photos would be great. did they do serial # on the box bottom on that vintage? edges and stampings look sharp. I hate to say it but that looks like it could be a lamb circled by wolves waiting for the auction to near close before the feasting begins. I hope a Forum member can get it.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 ...box photos would be great. did they do serial # on the box bottom on that vintage? edges and stampings look sharp. I hate to say it but that looks like it could be a lamb circled by wolves waiting for the auction to near close before the feasting begins. I hope a Forum member can get it.
I bet you're write about wolves waiting to pounce. The guy is paying the shipping, too. I'll check it out later to see what it goes for out of curiosity.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Serial number should be on the bottom of the box. Nickel finish was offered by 1957 as noted above. Needless to say, I think the price on this one is going to go higher. I also hope a forum member gets it. Nice looking gun complete with the paper goodies.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
I got lucky one time .. okay twice (I got two kids) but a third time I saw an awesome deal that had been listed for an hour when I noticed it. I emailed the seller that I would love to have it. not looking to flip it. I collect and just gonna pass it down to my boys. He had no "buy now " and I told him the truth - Your gonna get some bidders and I got cash it hand for what your starting bid is which is what is worth (but less than the wolves are gonna pay), but i'm out of the running after, I could not afford another $100 more. 99.9 % of the time that would have made no difference. The seller ended the auction and said its yours. , and it was a good gun. That was the first time I tried that and the last time a seller cared. Every time since then people do what is the money smart thing to do leave it listed. I don't expect people to cater to beggars and pleaders either. just saying there was a gunbroker seller that was a super guy and did me a kind deed.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got lucky one time .. okay twice (I got two kids) but a third time I saw an awesome deal that had been listed for an hour when I noticed it. I emailed the seller that I would love to have it. not looking to flip it. I collect and just gonna pass it down to my boys. He had no "buy now " and I told him the truth - Your gonna get some bidders and I got cash it hand for what your starting bid is which is what is worth (but less than the wolves are gonna pay), but i'm out of the running after, I could not afford another $100 more. 99.9 % of the time that would have made no difference. The seller ended the auction and said its yours. , and it was a good gun. That was the first time I tried that and the last time a seller cared. Every time since then people do what is the money smart thing to do leave it listed. I don't expect people to cater to beggars and pleaders either. just saying there was a gunbroker seller that was a super guy and did me a kind deed.
That's pretty good for a guy that had it up for only an hour. Someone could have bid on it just while you were writing him and before he dropped the ad.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My eyes aren't as good as some of ya'll. My questions are about the front sight height (altered? too low?) and whether it has been refinished. Sure look like a lot of circular scratches on the frame, like a bad polishing job. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
The front sight profile is factory lower on a 38 special and 357 magnum than say a 45 colt caliber but the sight on the nickel gun may have been lowered slightly.

The edges and corners are so crisp I don't see anything that gives me reason to believe it's a refinish.

IMHO

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I don't usually search for 2nd gen SAAs but I would have taken a look at this one as this guy lives about 6 miles from me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts