Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retrieved my Official Police (PreWar 1944) from the local gunsmith shop as I'd rather have someone who specializes in colts work on it.

The cylinder on one side is still leaning into the force cone a little. It has been suggested that the crane is loose at that might be part of the problem.

I checked the Troubleshooting section of Colt DA Revolvers by Kuhnhusen briefly and it's "remark" was replacing the crane. Is that really necessary?

I compared the crane with my other OP and my DS and it does wiggle a SMALL bit. But couldn't the solution for this be to replace the little brace that holds the crane stem in place on right side of hte gun?

Also the action....seems.....I can't quite put my finger on it. The trigger pull is a little lighter and easier than my other gun....but somehow during the action I can...feel it somehow and it kinda wiggles the gun. On my other OP I can't feel it. By "it" I think I mean when the bolt snaps back into place against the cylinder.

I'm really not sure what I am talking about here so if anyone has any ideas or just wants to say "what the heck are you talking about" speak up.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
You're going to have to "cut to the chase" here.

NO ONE can diagnose your problem over the Internet, and not actually being able to examine the gun.

I can't recommend anyone local, since I don't know of any Colt-qualified locals, and wouldn't have seen their work to judge it.

You're going to HAVE to send the gun in to a KNOWN qualified repair service.

I'd start with Colt. If they won't do it, you can try Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters or Cylinder & Slide.

Bottom line is, you're spinning your wheels to no benefit, and you're either going to have to send it in to someone or forget about it.

Defecate or abdicate.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Think I'll give Cylinder and Slide a call and send them a package (Colt DEFINATELY won't do it as they have clearly stated they no longer service the Pre War guns)
PHH didn't spot the problem the first time and....well I get the impression that they are kind of leaning away from Colt revolvers gradually. See discussion of the Bushing device on my DS that they didn't have and couldn't or wouldn't make in order to repair it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts