Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just saw his review and he explains the issue of cylinder failing to turn when firing. https://youtu.be/7dO-lQEX49U

Think I will wait a good while until the bugs get all worked out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow it usually takes Hickok45 a longer time to get a new gun in to do a review on.

Honestly, i can't believe even Hickok45 got a defective Python.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This problem from the couple videos I have seen seems to happen at random while firing Magnum ammo. Some part is getting knocked out of alignment
during the recoil and then after cycling/shaking the revolver falls back into place. Maybe a loose tolerance or spring issue?

Did Colt just dry cycle the preproduction Pythons 40,000 times or actually fire magnum rounds that many times?

·
Registered
792 Posts
This is going to be a big problem for Colt. Until they get serious about the quality control issues with their guns, sales are likely to drop drastically. I am now having 2nd thoughts about buying one of the current production Pythons. Hopefully Colt will address these issues before they release the 4.25" model to the public.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
The few pictures I have seen indicate that the rebound lever/hand combo is similar to the old Pythons. The hand is not firmly pushed forward into the ratchet by a spring, it's rather the rebound lever pushing down on a flat surface on the hand and making it "flip" forward. I have seen the same malfunction occur in gunked up V-spring guns, so I suspect that it's either a matter of poor surface finish on the internal parts, insufficient hand clearance, or simply a lack of lubrication. It should hopefully be easy to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The few pictures I have seen indicate that the rebound lever/hand combo is similar to the old Pythons. The hand is not firmly pushed forward into the ratchet by a spring, it's rather the rebound lever pushing down on a flat surface on the hand and making it "flip" forward. I have seen the same malfunction occur in gunked up V-spring guns, so I suspect that it's either a matter of poor surface finish on the internal parts, insufficient hand clearance, or simply a lack of lubrication. It should hopefully be easy to fix.
I'm surprised Hickok didn't give it a few squirts of Ballistol to see if that would fix it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.