Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I could not help myself..I was roaming about with malice of forethought and I stopped at my LGS..Not real local but close enough.

The guy I always deal with brings out a 1911, 1913 vintage arsenal rework sometime before Nixon..LOL...it was that greenish parkerized finish in a Black European holster. (I know Wrong Holster), 2 magazines, both stamped "C-R" at the toe of the mag. Felt like a size 12 foot trying to fit in a 11 1/2 size shoe. The parts all appear to have been correct but the parkerizing had been wiped off every sharp edge and at the muzzle end of the slide. The Salesman, kept shoving the gun in to the holster to show me how great the feel was :bang_wall:...You guessed it the metal was being polished bright from the leather. He started off at $1,200.00 plus tax and eventually dropped the price to $1,150.00 out the door. BUT I passed. Even though the barrel showed no signs of abuse or corrosion, I still had reservations.

I told him to keep pushing the gun into the holster because I was deducting $20.00 off the price every time he did that.:rolleyes:

Well A guy can hope, but it certainly wasn't the type of vintage firearm I would have wanted for collector piece and it wasn't what I would like to use as a general shooter over a long period of time.

I have no reservations about passing on the gun, but I was hoping for a better specimen...I guess that is what $1,200.00 gets you these days in Boise.

PS... They had a S&W Model 27-2 Blue, 8 3/8", true 90% gun with just a couple of rabbit teeth marks on the barrel..Apparently from shoving too far down the rabbits throat, and some muzzle wear. $750.00 plus tax...Passed on that too. No Box paperwork and who knows what good leather would cost for a 8 3/8" barrel revolver these days...Training wheels might be cheaper..You know stick it a golf cart or something...:D

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
That's interesting .. I just told Hopalong just the other day I was getting in the mood for a 27-2 and saw his WTS listing on a Smith. His was snatched up quick already though. I'm gathering that a 27-2 in 99% with extras is gonna run 900 these days. I'm not sure on what it would be if found at the LGS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts