Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: Hi everyone. Being I have zero affinity for boxes I will run this by the experts. I was looking for a Colt case if I needed to ship any of my D frames to Colt.I found a plastic Colt case for D Frames on Ebay for sale.It is blue, has a manual from 1993,and came with a "Welcome to the Family" letter from Colt. Spent 82 dollars on it. The gentleman said he got it in the proceeds of a estate sale. My D frames all fit perfectly in it so it will serve the intended purpose but I was just curious......Mike

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
do not ship any cases or boxes that you want to keep, colt will not save them for you. they will ship your gun back in a black docasil padded case.

At least that is my experience with colt. maybe they changed :bang_wall: NOT!

maybe for warranty work when you ship the whole package back will you get it all back :confused:

That is my opinion and i'm sticking to it;)

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shipped all my firearms to both Colt and Smith for work and they always came back except in the last instance. My Detective Special had been Ionbonded after a Royal Bluing job went very bad.It was sent to my FFL in Bubble Wrap and when I called they returned the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.