Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I posted a couple of photos of 2 New Service revolvers w/ a period Lawrence flap holster-I collect vintage gun leather as avidly as I do Colts.Gerald aka icdux1 of this forum asked me for a tracing of the holster;he said he made holsters & wanted to use a tracing as a pattern.Took me longer than I want to admit but I traced the holster on a piece of heavy paper,rolled it & mailed it in a tube-also took a couple more photos,as requested.Gerald said he'd send me a holster from the pattern.Here's what was in my PO box today-the Lawrence is on the left & the (personalized!)holster icdux1 made is on the right.Gerald,you asked me for feedback-your workmanship is excellent,your materials are top grade & your stitching is as nice as I've seen on contemporary holsters-far better than usual.The full interior lining is laid in perfectly-not a wrinkle.Stamping this fine holster with my initials was a great final touch.You went way out of your way to
say thanks-I greatly appreciate the fine holster;it joins some real treasures in my collection.Anyone wanting a custom holster might want to see if they can get on icdux1's list-I can't help but think there is a backlog.Thanks,Gerald-I really appreciate it.
Regards,
John Witty
turnerriver

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
thank you john for you kind words. my pleasure to trade you something for that vintage pattern.i must admit i have a soft spot for flap holsters and there are few modern patterns availble. regards dux

·
Registered
794 Posts
An excellent testimony John. I tip my hat to you icdux1 for your quality workmanship, and to you turnerriver for your public praise.

·
Banned
21 Posts
U know his son sewsbetter than him haha lol i know we've had compititions he'll tell ya i can see better than him thats my upper hand

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
Awesome work ! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Great looking rig .

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
i can see better than him thats my upper hand

[/ QUOTE ]
jr., your eyes might be "younger" but my brain is more seasoned{older} /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif that`s my upper hand /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts