Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I have a dozen or so black powder and SAA i display on a glass top coffee table. Most are lying flat. I like the h wire on an acrylic base stand but they are pricey at $28/ per. The gun looks like it floats in the air. I have looked around the internet and ask whether any of you have Found nice stands or other ways to display your collectable revolvers table or counter top.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I am not for displaying my guns but if I wanted to I would have a coffee table built like a shadow box. Glass top with guns under the glass so nobody handles them and when I walk out the door I would throw a cloth over the table.

Jim

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
When photographing my guns, I make a small "pedestal" from modeling clay keeping it small enough that it does not show. Avoind those tacky rods or sticks through the trigger guards.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought a 4 foot long 1/2" round wood rod at Home Depot. Stained it walnut, cut it into 3"-4" pieces, stained the ends and use them the same way you would use the acrylic rods. Looks great and very inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
well i like the coffee table shadow box idea...one of my winter projects is to make a shipping crate with e glass top....i personally like it when u display guns like this to lay them flat...they just look better to me...God Bless,John...u do like them on the Wall like that too...impressive collection Calibre 38

1 - 6 of 6 Posts