Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need help identifying a handgun I inherited from my grandfather. It is a .38 and the serial number is 30594. Its registered as a 1920 pocket but im not sure if that is accurate at all.
Thank you for your help :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well copy that then!! Thanks for the help!! Now to register it, have it cleaned up and try and find some ammunition.....

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If you decide to shoot it use 38 ACP not 38 super. The ammo is available check the internet

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Midway and a bunch of other websites have the ammo. I am with dogface, clean it up, check it out and shoot it if you so desire. Welcome if I have not said so before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Canada boys. Handguns must be registered and may only be transported in a locked container to and from your house and a firing range which must be registered with the government and you must have a membership. Cant even shoot one in your own back yard or up in the bush at your cabin legally. Shoot an intruder you go to jail. Etc etc etc.

This gun is in pretty rough condition. Ill have her serviced by a gunsmith.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, finding an online ammo distributor who ships to Alberta Canada is not as easy as you may think....if you know of one let me know lol.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Canada boys. Handguns must be registered and may only be transported in a locked container to and from your house and a firing range which must be registered with the government and you must have a membership. Cant even shoot one in your own back yard or up in the bush at your cabin legally. Shoot an intruder you go to jail. Etc etc etc.

Sorry to hear Canada has sunk so low in gun rights, had no idea, but at least all the children are safe now..........looks like they are following in the steps of the UK

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts

Sorry.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Welcome eh!
I would be very careful with this one if you plan on shooting it. It was made in a era of non heat treated steel and low pressure ammunition. If you do decide to shoot it, and you handload send me a PM and I'll give you a recipe for .38ACP to use to make your own. Finding factory .38ACP ammunition up here is a fruitless search.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts