Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking through my boxes of parts and found this one oiled and all wrapped up.

Chambered in 45 Colt. Looks new, never fitted or fired. It is 1.65" on the button so I think it is a Colt. I don't have any Pietta or San Marco parts that I know of.

The ratchet is uncut and there is not a stamp/mark on the cylinder front or back. Rachet is too long to fit inside either of my 2nd Gen guns. My 1st Gens are easy to get to.

Narrow flutes make me think it was a Colt cylinder I bought from the late 2nd Gen Centennial run but no clue really.

What say you? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have been looking through my boxes of parts and found this one oiled and all wrapped up.

Chambered in 45 Colt. Looks new, never fitted or fired. It is 1.65" on the button so I think it is a Colt. I don't have any Pietta or San Marco parts that I know of.

The ratchet is uncut and there is not a stamp/mark on the cylinder front or back. Rachet is too long to fit inside either of my 2nd Gen guns. My 1st Gens are easy to get to.

Narrow flutes make me think it was a Colt cylinder I bought from the late 2nd Gen Centennial run but no clue really.

View attachment 700959

View attachment 700960

View attachment 700961

View attachment 700962

View attachment 700963

View attachment 700964

View attachment 700959

View attachment 700960

View attachment 700961

View attachment 700962

View attachment 700963

View attachment 700964
It might be an EMF cyl,their ratchets are a little thicker than a colt,I've altered several so that they'd fit in a colt.When Boyd Davis died they were going to close the business & sold off a bunch of parts then changed their mind.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bingo! Thanks Jim :) The man knows.

EMF? Now Pietta guns and in the distant past Armi San Marco. I forgot I have a current Pietta from Cimarron stuck away in the corner. Nice gun fwiw. I pulled the cylinder and this one dropped right in with the gun's original bushing and functions fine. And a decent fit over all. Riddle solved :)

I am sure who ever sold me "the Colt" cylinder was laughing all the way to the bank :rolleyes: And me thinking I must have that "special" Colt cylinder, thinking I was getting the deal 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts