Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this vintage Holster. It meusures app 12 inches long.

Looks to be pretty old.

Anyone want to guess its usage and Vintage for me.

I am going to sell it if I can figure out what it is...Thanks

·
Registered
940 Posts
It's an early to mid 1900's holster for a .22 automatic such as an early Woodsman or High Standard.Look on the back & see if it has any letters and/or numbers such as "A122 ".Retailed by outfits like Hudson Sporting Goods during the first half of the last century. Regards, turnerriver

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will list it here for sale as described by you. Are you pretty certain? I do not want to give someone the wrong information.

What might be a fair asking price for it? I do not want to list it and look like an idiot and I want to get rid of it..Maybe 60.00 shipped? Less? More? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
H carbineone;

If you're interested in selling that holster you might want to go over to the "Want to Sell" section on the main board of the Colt Forum. Anyone looking for this type of item will be looking there.

I hope that helps.

Bud

Have this vintage Holster. It meusures app 12 inches long.

Looks to be pretty old.

Anyone want to guess its usage and Vintage for me.

I am going to sell it if I can figure out what it is...Thanks

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Yes, typical Hardware or Sporting Goods Store generic Holster for the early Colt .22 Automatics, or the High Standard, or the Hartford or the Fiala, all of which were about identical in size and shape and would use the same Holster.

Unless in very good condition, this style of Holster does not tend to change hands for very much.

Deluxe or famous Maker and or Abercrombie and Fitch Holsters for the long Barrel .22 Automatics of the pre-war era, tend to change hands for much more, because they have a lot more style and also the notoriety or Mystique of their name Maker or retailer.

I would incline to regard this as a more or less $10.00 Holster.

Generic pre-war .22 Auto Flap Holsters are frequently on ebay, and so far as I have seen, do not bring much unless in really high condition or close to new condition....where, they will still not bring as much as famous name-maker or famous retailer Holsters of the same pattern or of other pattern.

Belt Loop is likely too frail for any serious Out of Doors carry, or one would fear it is, by general appearances, even if it is not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well looks like I am not going to sell it. If it is only worth 10.00.. I have 30.00 in it, so I guess it will just hang it on the wall.

Gives me a reason to buy another Firearm to fit it, I guess. Wife will go for that..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts