Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
That's how I got started in this hobby. Guy at work asked me if I knew anyone who wanted to buy an S&W K-22 Combat Masterpiece (pre-model 18). I told him I might be interested, and he let me take it home and to the range near my house. Needless to say he never saw the gun again, just the green of my cash. Can't believe how much that guy owes me for guns I bought over the last 50 years!

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
......well.....the key to the issue is to be prepared.
-Prepared to give the guy what he wants.
I have trained myself to keep my bleephooks off until and unless I'm buyin the thing.
I am at the point where the initial inspection is right then & there when I cough up the sheckels.
And I don't have to look at the thing like a jeweler buyin' a diamond bracelet.
If it appears to be what it is supposed to be, it is goin' with me.
Ya can't be inordinately picky in the current market, conditions bein' as they are.
Once the die is cast, a polite and appropriate degree of haggling might be good.
I don't always go that way, especially when I know I am gettin' a deal to begin with.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
That happened to me when a friend brought a real nice WWII Luger over to my house. He knew I was 'looking' for one and the moment I saw it I knew it was mine. That was several years ago, and I just recently sold that Luger to to fund my Colt SAA purchase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts