Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
100 guns X $400 per gun is only $40,000. But he wants $400,000. That means he values his Nylons at $4,000 each.

All the best of luck to the optimist.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Gotta say, that purple one would've tempted my mother at some point, especially if they had it under glass at Nordstroms.

If someone wants to give me $4000 for my fairly scarce Nylon 10, I'll throw in my Nylon 66 as a bonus and go create a sale ad. Seriously, much credit to him for building a worldly collection of that iconic firearm and there is certainly a price to add for those efforts but, I don't think those average out to what he's asking. Then again, for those with that kind of money, it's viewed from a different tinted pair of glasses.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Good thing he doesn’t need to sell them (his words) because at that price he never will. I also don’t believe you can put that many guns on one 4473.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I bought a first year, first month model 66 in seneca green for $200 at a gun show in 2017. It was in near new condition. I put it up on gunbroker at a penny with excellent pics, and I was quite satisfied at the selling price of $825 - which was the top going rate for a very nice early one in the green stock.

Has anyone ever seen one sell for $4,000? $3,000, $2,000?. I can see that one might break $1,000, as I came close just a few years ago

They are fun guns. Fast and accurate.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
"I am considering selling my Remington Nylon collection. I don't need to sell it, and don't have to sell it."
The part that was left out..."and I don't want to sell it but if I can find the right idiot..."

·
Registered
921 Posts
I always liked the Nylon 66. They were close to worthless with a scope, but with iron sights they were accurate enough to get any job done. Then add in AK47 type reliability, and the fact the rifle just seemed to thrive on abuse. Those are features that become endearing to a shooter.

I have shot several, but have never owned one. For some reason, semi-auto .22LR rifles just never appealed to me. The lever action Nylon would be cool.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The lever action Nylon would be cool.
The last one I saw was pre-covid at a gun show in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It was priced at $1,295.00 in great shape, color was the brown swirl marble look.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I always liked the Nylon 66. They were close to worthless with a scope, but with iron sights they were accurate enough to get any job done.
I actually am considering buying one, but with my aging eyes I would definitely put a scope on it. Why are they no good with a scope???
Also, to those who owned them, I have 2 concerns: reliability as I don't need yet another jam-o-matic, and accuracy. Are they minute of squirrel head at 25 yards if scoped?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts