Colt Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have wanted a SAA since I was kid, but growing up the way we did, it was not even a question, can not afford it. Since being on my own I have been able to purchase toys I like (lost first collection to a divorce), but through the last 20 plus years I have rebounded well. I do own a few Colts, but the SAA alludes me and at today's current pricing, it will continue to be out of reach for me (bit of a tightwad at times). I am not saying the guns are not worth the money, but what is the breaking point? I know something is worth what someone is willing to give and the internet has helped in finding these new toys, but it also hurt in my opinion. I have 'played' with old cars & trucks ever since I can remember (usually were my daily drivers), but thanks to the internet, lots of people believe they have a classic, rare, "my granddad bought that new..." sitting on their property rusting away, of course they are going to rebuild it 'someday' unless someone ponies up $3500 for a 1964 Ford F100 missing a hood, broken glass and an unknown motor & tranny combo, plus the title is long lost. Yet some one will buy it, because they either have an unlimited budget or it seemed 'cool' to own a classic truck. My point is where do you draw the line on price, a lot of you have stated "no more" at current pricing and I concur, but as many has also stated pricing vs. income is no longer a viable comparison (at least for me). So with supply and demand being at an all time high and the puppet in the oval office (with his handlers) making everyone crazy/scared, I cannot see an ease up in the pricing world for a long time, not to mention all the "free" money they are giving away. I make a 'decent' living, but if it wasn't for my better half now, I am sure the toy collection would be substantially less and we would still be in our first house (nothing to complain about). Will CZ see the light and bring in a more affordable SAA with out giving up quality, is it even possible? just one man's opinion...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I really want a NIB 5 1/2" barrel 45 colt Saa. At the prices they are going for on GB with the sales tax your looking at $2400. to $2700. At these prices and no hope of ever seeing one local I'm probably done buying Saa's also. I was fortunate enough to buy 2, A NIB 2020 4 3/4" barrel 45 colt and a 1982 LNIB 7 1/2" barrel 45 colt before the crazy set in.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts