Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'m Excited!

Just got an email back from Dave Clements saying my Colt is being shipped.It's a 4 3/4 inch SAA in 44 special that I had tweaked and repaired. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Maybe next Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Re: I\'m Excited!

Good for you! I imagine it's a good shooter in .44 Special. What vintage is your Single Action and which finish does it possess?

·
Registered
689 Posts

Hey John,

Good deal... I'm sure you will be glad with the results... Give us an update and perhaps a pic or to...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
958 Posts

I'll bet you will be happy with his work. I've been to his shop (he lives about 15 miles from me) and it is very nice. He cut down a 6 1/2" .44 Special to 5" and installed a 5" barrel on a M27 S&W for me. Excellent workmanship and a really nice guy as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My gun is a third generation blue and case hardened 4 3/4 inch single action. Expect it back next week. Will try to post a picture but it is like all others of the same ilk.It's one of three that I have - all different.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Received my Colt back yesterday. Looks great and the trigger feels good! Will go out soon to see how she shoots. will write again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Shot it yesterday. Trigger feels good but initally I didn't do well. Put it aside and shot some 22's. Later I shot the Colt and got 4 out of 5 shots in almost a silver dollar size grouping at 75 feet. Have to go back to the range again and really ring it out.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

Sometimes I'm a slow starter on the range. This really works against me in match shooting. Sometimes I ruin my score badly enough to be out of the running only to settle down and shoot fine.

Silver dollar sized groups at 20+ yards sounds like some particularly fine shooting to me!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Went back to the range and retried the gun on a benchrest. It shot well so the problem is ME! I'm not used to a 4 3/4 inch barrel I guess. I'll have to practice. The gun is great.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

I made a trip to the range the day after Christmas and didn't exactly "set the woods on fire" with my shooting. My brother-in-law obtained a tighter group than I did with my Colt New Pocket...and he fired for his group double action!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts