Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel a little like a pest asking so much but I have the colt fever now, this is claimed to be a 1959 Colt Agent 38spl 1st issue in the original box. what do you think and whats it worth, thank you! SN 71969 LW

Attachments

Reactions: Hootch56

·
Registered
17 Posts
Generally you will be told it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I'd say if you advertise it right on a site like gun broker you could get ~$900 if it's unfired and mint.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to Colt's website, it is 1958. I hope is has at least a 3 day inspection. I would never suggest buying anything from GB "as is". I agree with ghost228 on the value.

Colt Firearm Serial Number Lookup - Year of Manufacture
See I run the number on colts website and I get nothing in that production year, is the label and box correct? I'm doing it FTF with the guy, cant see any pitting but How much does that lower the price if there is any?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea the hang tag makes me woner about the rest of the box as well

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it true the the first issue ran from1962 to 1972? The more I learn the less I know. Hope I get a yeay or a nay on this, I'm suppose to me him tonight but I feel like I landed in a foreign country with just enough language skill to get me slapped, kissed or shot lol price as it sits is 625

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Forget the box and later used hang tag.If it is in good shape without pitting 625 would be a fair price here right outside the Kingdom of NY City. If there is any pitting on the cylinder or barrel forget that price altogether.Then you are talking 400 if slight,if major WALK AWAY.....JMHO....Mike BTW Welcome to our merry band.You will learn more about your addiction than you ever thought possible and the people are great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought so too as for the box I thought that was important to the overall value to collectors if the gun appreciate. I still cant find the age of it on proofhouse or colt website was it called something other than agent

·
Administrator
7,332 Posts
I see 1958 on the Proofhouse site .

The box label looks "dummied up" where the serial is written in . I think these were numbered on the outside bottom of the box in grease pencil ?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
The bottom of the box tells the story,, post a pic of bottom of the box if you can. The serial number on the endlable has been added, it doesn't represent anything other than someones mistake.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont have the box I postponed the purchase because of conflicting info and my lack of knowledge

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
If it is the original box and papers I agree that it is a $900 gun. If the papers are cobbled together non-originals I would guesstimate $700. If any pitting on the barrel or cylinder it is a $500 gun. As always, JMHO.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Is it true the the first issue ran from1962 to 1972? The more I learn the less I know. Hope I get a yeay or a nay on this, I'm suppose to me him tonight but I feel like I landed in a foreign country with just enough language skill to get me slapped, kissed or shot lol price as it sits is 625
The 1962 introduction date is a mistake in TBOCF that just keeps hanging around. The Agent was introduced before 1962. I think the actual introduction date is 1955 or 1956.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 1962 introduction date is a mistake in TBOCF that just keeps hanging around. The Agent was introduced before 1962. I think the actual introduction date is 1955 or 1956.
thanks Colt76

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hello;

I hope you don't mind this intrusion but I respectfully submit that to "advertise it right" would be to advertise (whatever is for sale) right here on the Colt Forum. You won't find better evaluations, or appraisals anywhere, and given the fact that you get a great deal of information about Colts on this forum, it would just follow, to advertise it here.

No disrespect intended, just a friendly suggestion.

Bud

Generally you will be told it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I'd say if you advertise it right on a site like gun broker you could get ~$900 if it's unfired and mint.

·
Administrator
7,332 Posts
I dont have the box I postponed the purchase because of conflicting info and my lack of knowledge
Bud ,
He doesn't have the gun to advertise as he didn't buy it .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts