Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
Seems most posters here are more interested in Colt pistols.

Since there is good AR-15-specific board, and many sites offer AR forums, most people seem to do their discussion there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a Colt National Match HBAR....and I can drive nails with it...there's your AR talk...lol

on the serious side...I lucked up on this one...came out of the box shooting like that.. and got it for under a grand new...I also have an Armalite Carbine that can almost hang with it...but it's more of a "social worker"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a Colt Sporter Competition HBAR that I'll be shooting for the first time tomorrow. I also have a Bushy Varmint, Olympic M.F.R. The bushy so far is the best Sub MOA rifle but I expect the Colt to be as good or better. We'll see tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Target Match HBAR that I just picked-up. Put about 60 rounds through it so far. From what I can see it is going to give my bolt rifle a run for its money as far as accuracy goes.

It does seem to have a rough spot in the receiver or bolt as it is not 100% reliable. I'm hoping it will work out in time.

Other than that it seems like a great rifle.

[This message has been edited by Montana.45 (edited 10-02-2004).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cleaned, lubed and changed her diet to UMC ball ammo and she functioned perfectly. I don't know why I waited so long to get of these black rifles. They are fun to shoot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
for some reason my Colt and Armalite love UMC ammo...I've even tried to handload for shooting Coyotes...nothing seems to shoot like a Remington 55gr FMJ boattail bullets...

and yeah they are a blast to shoot!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I now have a Colt Sporter AR-15 7.62x39 with 1/12 HBAR. It likes the Wolf ammo that the old owner and I have run through it. This includes using the 20round magazines without feed problems.

The only downfall comes from the reduced range with the 7.62x39 over the .223cal. The recoil is great and I like the tight groups that I have experienced with the low cost Wolf ammo.

<font color="blue">OldKeyr</font>

·
Administrator
7,046 Posts
Welcome !

I see several threads running on AR's . What is it you'd like to discuss ?

Here's mine .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts