Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became legal, made a slight deviation in my "normal" area of interst (Revolvers), with taking ownership of one (1) 1922 Colt Vest Pocket Model 1908 Hammerless .25 and (1) 1917 Colt Model 1908 Type II Hammerless .380 :) Both pistol are 100% original w/stocks that have no chips, cracks nor dings. There will be pictures of before and after cleaning (I know I've said this before) but honest to Pete I've been waiting on my Eezox order to get here for the last 2 weeks :) . Entered them into my inventory database and must now proceed to complete inspection, disassembly and before pictures. Who'd a thought I'd actually enter into the Colt semi auto world? Amazing pieces of history and I'm happier than a mule on a sunday stroll ;)

Ammunition for the .25 isn't available locally so, any suggestions on weight, type and supplier will be gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got to have pics!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gander Mountain has .25 auto ammunition for around $25 for 50 rounds.
Thank you....I haven't had time today to check online as I know I'll find plenty but gr weight for an old fella, 1922 DOB, was my main question. No GM around here. Been a little crazy around the ranch as one neighbor trapped 22 feral hogs last week and they are taking over his land so had to set up a hunt for tomorrow night. Seems the hogs are gravitating towards the irrigated land and making a mess of his place. Gotta head to Abilene today anyway so have a wider choice of places to get ammo...and so it goes, haven't even had time to clean my new acquisitions :(

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Now hold on there just one cotton picking moment cowboy. You ain't legal till we sees the photographical proof! HA! Congratulations and welcome to the dark side!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now hold on there just one cotton picking moment cowboy. You ain't legal till we sees the photographical proof! HA! Congratulations and welcome to the dark side!
Photographical proof. Neither have been cleaned and are as received by me yesterday. Happy now? Now I gotta clean em and the Eezox still ain't here. Guess the ole kroil and Breakfree CLP is gonna have to do.

1908 Hammerless 1.jpg 1922 Colt Vest Pocket 25 cal.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Photographical proof. Neither have been cleaned and are as received by me yesterday. Happy now? Now I gotta clean em and the Eezox still ain't here. Guess the ole kroil and Breakfree CLP is gonna have to do.

View attachment 22469 View attachment 22470
NICE! And yes, much happier now. HA! Even prior to cleaning that patina gives them a classic look.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, I'm happy (but jealous!). Sweet!

·
Registered
136 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts