Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great contest guys even with the Verticle Scope "upgrade" which caused some full sized images to be reduced to literally thumb nail size. I have some unsolicited observations. Many if not most images were in focus. This is paramount in a contest. If it's not in SHARP focus I won't even look at it (especially with this vertigo thing!) Many entries were posted full sized and that's great but I'm still seeing too many thumbnails. I don't think a thumbnail has ever won. There still seems to be too much focus on the "cool factor" of the arms and not the artistry, composition and creativity of the image. With that in mind I'd like to introduce what I'll call the "Editor's Choice". We have many great images but an Editors Choice is an image that illustrate the editor's (me) idea of an excellent image. I have two in this contest. #12 by Ruster is sharp, bright and composed without looking stilted and contrived. All of these virtues are also present in image #46 by azshot. In addition the image appears to be a SEP-1946 photograph. This is a creative touch that elevates an already great image.

Now for our winners! The top vote getter is "TheColtGuy"! Congratulations Cam! Cam has donated his prize choice to the next in line. I also chose not to be eligible for a prize choice in this contest. Below are the nine highest eligible entries and the nine prizes. Please post your pick here. There are two ties, 6 and 7, 8 and 9. I'm sure you guys can work it out.

TheColtGuy 46 no prize selection
Rick Bowles 37 no prize selection

Eligible Winners
(1) hwjhfs 44
(2) Ruster 38
(3) ei8ht 36
(4) Martin08 34
(5) azshot 33
(6) Chaffee 31
(7) Mrexmt 31
(8) Colt-SL 30
(9)bmcgilvray 30

PRIZES
(1) Rick Bowles: S&W 6060 lockback folding hunter
(2) LeverActionBill: 8oz flask from my Wyoming area
(3) Inspcalahan: Amend2 30rd Made in the USA AR15/M16 magazine
(4) 22_Matt: a copy of "A History of the Colt Revolver" by Haven and Belden
(5) Rick: A copy of John Parsons " Peacemaker and it’s Rivals"
(6) Skilled: Colt Folding Stilletto
(7) Snidely Whiplash: Colt Tactical Combat Knife
(8) Jcmh1: a copy of "Variations of Colt’s" by John D. Breslin, William Q. Pirie and David E. Price
(9) Starvation: two silicone pistol socks and a El Paso Saddlery holster marked Colt SAA 4 3/4, for the .22 scout

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
First off, thank you for putting this show together Rick! It was fun to participate in and see the amazing entries. How do the awards work? Are they just assigned by winners position, correlating with the numbered prize offering, or does each winner get to pick....1st place picks a prize, then 2nd, etc until #9 gets the last one left? Only asking, as I want to know who to contact and send my prize offering too. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Wow, great! First off thanks to Rick for making the contest possible and declining to participate in the awards. Second, thanks to Cam for his generosity in passing on the prize. As first picker, I will take #7, the Colt Combat Tactical Knife from snidely. I guess I will send him a PM with my address?? Thanks again. keith

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
Send me a PM with your address and I'll get the knife on the way Monday.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
" ...image #46 by azshot. In addition the image appears to be a SEP-1946 photograph. This is a creative touch that elevates an already great image. "

Thanks for the contest, comeradere, and Editor's Choice award! I'm glad you noticed my Kodak edge date and jagged print edge! I'm into old cameras and photography, and set the composition up with everything in the picture from 1946; the Speed Graphic camera, Hamilton watch, Camillus camp knife, Kodak film, and of course the Colt Ace!

Equipment: Fuji XT-2 with 1970s Olympus OM 28mm lens, F16, tripod, reflectors.
Will pick a prize when my turn is up.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,054 Posts
Congratulations to all of the members who participated. There were some great Images and it was a fun contest. I especially want to thank Rick for hosting another great Image contest. You always exhibit great professionalism and your photos are exceptional.

·
Premium Member
10,235 Posts
Thanks for the contest.
I'm surprised yet pleased for 3rd place.
Thank you to all who voted.
ei8ht 36 No prize selection
Best Regards, ei8ht

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thank you for the great contest, Rick. And to the members for the votes. I am happy and humbled that you liked my WWI LF&C Trench Knife and Brushed Blue Model 1911 Colt with accoutrements.

And normally, I would also pass for prize selection. I really have a lot of cool toys. Too many, maybe.

But one can never have too many books. And I would like (4) 22_Matt: a copy of "A History of the Colt Revolver" by Haven and Belden

If I ever figure out the new "conversation" rigmarole, I will send you a message, 22_Matt!! Again, thanks all.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
It looks like it's my turn. I would like John Parsons " Peacemaker and it’s Rivals" and have IM'd (Conversation'd) Rick.

Thanks again to the contest starter, and all the prize donators. I think this really made a lot of people excited and engaged in our Colt hobby.

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
Congrats to ALL the Colt Forum Image Contest Winners...as well as all those who entered !!

Winners
(1) hwjhfs 44
(2) Ruster 38
(3) ei8ht 36
(4) Martin08 34
(5) azshot 33
(6) Chaffee 31
(7) Mrexmt 31
(8) Colt-SL 30
(9)bmcgilvray 30

You are ALL Winners IMHO...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats to ALL the Colt Forum Image Contest Winners...as well as all those who entered !!

Winners
(1) hwjhfs 44
(2) Ruster 38
(3) ei8ht 36
(4) Martin08 34
(5) azshot 33
(6) Chaffee 31
(7) Mrexmt 31
(8) Colt-SL 30
(9)bmcgilvray 30

You are ALL Winners IMHO...

HEY:confused: just cuz Cam and I didn't take a prize shouldn't exclude us from the winners list!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts