Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\"In Search Of ...\"

Legends. Famous people, you know? I know a little about Ad Topperwein and Ed McGivern and I once saw a guy that knew a guy that talked with a guy that saw John Wayne in a gun shop. Tell me about some SHOOTERS and their feats. Who is, "Fitz?" of Colt fame? I've seen the name mentioned like refering to Moses - I'm supposed to just KNOW who he was, but I don't! Must be hundreds of 'em!? Tell us/me about your favorite.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: \"In Search Of ...\"

Fitz was J Henery Fitzgerald. He was a shooter for Colt's for many years.

Also he was an instructor for many police departments all around the country in the 20s and 30s, at least I think it was in about that era.

He also wrote a book entitled simply "shooting" which explains how to shoot the pistol well even without adjustable sights.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: \"In Search Of ...\"

All right! Thanks, Mr. Red. We just happen to have a, "moldy/oldy," bookshop here in beautiful downtown Greensburg, Kansas and I'm gonna' go hunting! Thanks again. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redhawk44:
Fitz was J Henery Fitzgerald. He was a shooter for Colt's for many years.

Also he was an instructor for many police departments all around the country in the 20s and 30s, at least I think it was in about that era.

He also wrote a book entitled simply "shooting" which explains how to shoot the pistol well even without adjustable sights.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts