Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cobra which I haven't been able to find any info on. I'd like to learn what I can about it. The facts are... Caliber: 38 special, Serial Number 256##, Printed below the serial number is FN and below that LW, Colt silver medallion on handles. The revolver has very minor blemishes (on the left side - see picture with arrows). Everything on it is very tight and it shoots good. The trigger is smooth. I'd like to know the history and value if anyone knows. Thanks.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Revolver Personal protective equipment Metal
Revolver Trigger Metal
Revolver Fashion accessory

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the grips and finish are original. About 98% certain on the grips and 90% finish. Although the grips are wooden not plastic. The body is dual tone; high gloss in some areas (trigger, hammer) matte in the others.

· Premium Member
7,060 Posts
The gun is refinished as the nickel in most places should be a high polish. And those wood stocks were not available in 1953. Still a very useful gun today. I would price it easily at $400 if all function checks are good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.