Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to look-up the serial number to find out the date this Officers Model Match 22. 1953 numbers were too low & 1954 started high so I guess it was late 1953 but I'm not sure I was looking at the right number sets. (Officers) #673** There wasn't a set of numbers there specifically for "Model Match"

The other Colt is a perfect (looks like it was never shot) 38 special 'snub-nose' Agent. #123***LW. I believe the numbers make it a 1962 (again not 100% sure)

The other 2 revolvers are SW so I won't bother you with those questions I have.

Thanks for any help on the Colts.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,890 Posts
Colt serial numbers are often weird. They often put the same model in .38 in one range and the same model in .22 in another.
The Officer's Model Match .38 with serial 637XXX was made in 1952.

The Agent is a 1962.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Officer's Model Match isn't a .38 it is a .22 & only has 5 numbers not 6 numbers like the .38

The personal reply I received on this subject pointed out the difference as far as looking-up the date by numbers. I couldn't reply back with my thanks because of being new to the forum & not completeing 5 replies (?). SO Thanks to 1A1

·
Registered
147 Posts
My compliments to dfariswheel (convoluted name and all) Dear Sir, you deal in straight facts and no BS. You are a valuable asset to this forum.
I am so rookie I don't even know how to 'like' someone. Thank you for your contribution.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,890 Posts
The Officer's Model Match isn't a .38 it is a .22 & only has 5 numbers not 6 numbers like the .38

Well, I blew that one. Sorry.
.22LR Colt Officer's Model Match number 673** was made in 1953.
The year started at 65028. 1954 started at 67700.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.