Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon
I recently gave my Army son a Colt Compact that I bought used from a friend. I understand that it is the 'plain jane' version of the Officers Model 1911, but would like to get a little more info if there's a reference book anybody can recommend on versions and production dates, etc.
Its a good shooter with ball, has a Ceiner 22lr conversion unit that is reliable and fun, and may have aftermarket combat sights and rubber grips.
Thank you in advance.
Bruce

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have one that I use for carry. They were made from 1984 to about 1994, I think. There was only one version of the Compact Model. They have an extra safety for the fireing pin (if you drop it and lands on the barrel, the pin will not hit the primer). I change the slide and fireing pin springs in mine every 1500 rounds, they are sensitve to spring rates. The original stocks were rubber.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it, grips and sights the same, except that the finish on his shows more wear. The sights have indents for white dots. What do you use to refresh them when they wear off?
I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I bought a small bottle of Testor's white paint for plastic model cars and planes. Some folks use flourescent green or yellow. When the dots fall out, clean the hole with acetone and use a toothpick to drop some paint in the hole. Wolf sells spring kits for about 15$.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but does the Ceiner 22 conversion kit you use with this gun have an officer length slide? I haven't seen one in that configuration. I'd like to have one for my Officer's ACP, but a 5" Government lenth would have a gap between the pistol's dust cover and the slide. If they make the conversion with a compact slide, I guess I need to be looking a little harder for one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, Ciener makes a coversion unit for the Officer/Compact.
The Officer's Model - Has a 3/4 inch shorter slide and a shorter magazine (13 round).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts