Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up a Officers model in .22 The serial number is 50XX As far as I can tell it is from 1930, first year production. Blue is 99%, no wear, but a couple speckling spots. 90% of them rubed off. Some stayed. Oct 5th 1928 is the last patent date on the barrel. My question is, is there any collector value, when it was made and what is it worth? I do want to sell it.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Re: Info on Colt officers model &Pics.

i agree it`s an early gun. it lacks the counterbored cyl which was introed about 1935. does it have the original stocks??

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes, the serial # is stamped on the back of both lf & rt

·
Registered
794 Posts

Nice looking gun BBBS. I believe you typo'ed there, or you need some reading glasses. I'll bet the last patent date is Oct 5, 1926. No hammer intended.

Yes I believe you are correct at 1930 1st year of production for the 22 in that model. I would say it does indeed have collector value. You will have no trouble selling this unless you ask too much. Like someone said in another post, price it right and it will sell. Good luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

You are right on the date, and maybe the glasses too. lol In its current condition, what is fair market value? I want to sell.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Probably "too nice" for most to shoot,but that's what I'd do with it!! These older Officer .22s,with the lighter bbl. are a helluva lot more handy,than the post wars,that weigh around .44 oz.

Just NOT building that kinda accuracy into modern revolvers.

Can't(won't) give a "value",unless I see up close,stroke and work a gun,but I DO KNOW,that .22s bring more(say 50 to 100 bucks more than an identical .38. Saw one,at a show,month ago,with a tattered box,in 95-98% shape,all original,with a $750 asking price-which seemed TOO HIGH(and it hadn't moved in 2 days at a large N.E. show).

How is the bore-as there was still a helluva lot of corrosive and lesmok rounds around in the 1930's?? The above gun had some minor bore pits,which I pointed out to the "seller",who's pompous chain I enjoy pulling. His typical retort was;"Serious,TRUE,collectors don't care about the bore,like JUST shooters like you do,Bud"!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The bore and cycl. holes are perfect. It locks up like a safe. I don't think it was shot much. I think I will ask $675 shipped. I can always come down if that is too high. The action is like the day it was new.

·
Registered
778 Posts

My humble guess would be $575.00. I see what looks like rust spots, that may or may not come off.

Nice gun though. Good luck with selling it.

We buy Officers Models,and that price would probably move it for you perhaps more quickly.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Robba, I went back and gave it a thourgh cleaning and everything cleaned up nicely. All the blueing is still intact. I should have done that before I posted pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts