Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to buy a NIB 4th issue (made in 93-94, no serial number yet). What are the pros and cons of this issue? Was Colt's quality control bad at this point in time? Should I stay away?
Thanks.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I have one and it looks and feels fine to me. The bluing is very black which I rather like. The serial will involve the letters R and D and the specific year can be checked with Colt if you like.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Boy, the image quality really suffers when sizing for the web. Maybe this one is a little better.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I believe they are all RDxxxx in that period, but I don't bet on Colt's numbering. My comments are rather cursory, I have not compared it or shot it extensively but have no reason to criticize and I suspect Colt would support any significant problem. I could add that I also have PP MkVs whose serials were intermixed. Based on asking Colt, RD14xx and RD17xx are 1993 and RD66xx is 1994 if that gives some insight on number spead. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've never owned one (YET!) but always thought they were beautiful and will most likely end up carring one soon...

Lee

·
Registered
60 Posts
I own several.
IMHO they are finest DS Colt has made.
Great balance and the famous century old lock work. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts