Colt Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I know you’re right. I was venting and apologize for being pissy. Just missing the old forum where it seemed there were more discussions like the thread about the Flat Top and less about I just bought a brand new SAA, what’s it worth?

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
I don't mind the occasional newbie asking what one gun is worth. If they learn what to look for, how to appraise, and where else to go for information. I DO mind someone that just posts gun after gun after gun simply to get the forum to do their work for them. Not saying that's what the OP is doing here, I didn't go count how many he has "listed for appraisal." But I agree that information is worth money, and a person's time is worth money. Too many today want both, for free. They won't buy books, they won't join subscription sites, etc.... I do mind that.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
1. Anyone can figure a basic value based on what a gun has sold for from many of the auction sites. But, then we get into issues like, the person has a 10% gun and they think it is the same value as a 90% gun.
2. I’m set up at a gun show and someone comes to the show, stops at my tables and asks me what their antique gun is worth. So, as an example, I tell them the gun is worth $500. They then walk around the show and come back and complain to me no one would offer them more than $100. Does mean the gun is actually only worth $100? Of course not.
3. I mention in a recent in a recent posting a rare classic firearms reference book used historically in criminology for firearms identification. Printed in 1962, it would seem few modern collectors are aware of it. At any rate, no one commented on it. So much for reference books.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is one of my favorite of the few I have ! Any estimates on this one ? Again not looking to sell , I’m just enjoying learning about them ! View attachment 704175 View attachment 704176 View attachment 704177
Guys, I only have one 1907 Frontier Six Shooter and I have only posted a few times. Not being a time established, regular member I hesitate to chime in but YOU SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF CRABBY OLD LADIES! Jeez, give the guy a break. He owns a few SAA's and he seems interested and thrilled about that. I thought those were the primary qualifications for joining this forum?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts