Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good price on a Colt Magnum Carry ss, nib? I may need to spend my Boa money on this...the Boa is a fig newton of my imagination now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You best jump on this quick. The price has been reduced some and you don't see them very often.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97451
There is one interested in it , but there is some concern of whether or not it can import into Maryland. so if you are ready then act fast.
(I have no dog in this fight, just passing along info).

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 08-26-2004).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imthduke:
What about a nib with all paper for $800? Is that a fair price?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but if you just gotta have it, it's fair.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would say no as you are moving up into the Python's price range, but given the fact that you won't find many to choose from then all bets are off.

·
Registered
794 Posts
duke, I think you may already be committed to the higher price. But I agree with the other guys that the price you state is high. I have seen 2 Magnum Carry's at gun shows since last November. The most recent one was in April. It was NOT NIB, but was not fired a bunch. He was asking $500 but when I inquired he said he'd go $450. The other one I saw was last November. It was LNIB all paper work included. He wanted $600 but was willing to go $575 with no more wiggle room.

Even if you overpay, don't fret. Because the old saying pertaining to Colt is something like: "You never pay too much for a Colt, you just pay too soon." Or something like that. Meaning that in a couple of years it will seem like a bargain. If this is a "gotta have" gun for you, then like majic says " all bets are off. "

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Only talking money here ...what can you do with extra but buy guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts