Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Addicted, That's a lot of money to ask for something and then only post one picture. Maybe the other side is gold plated or something, LOL ! Shoodaddy

·
Registered
716 Posts
Here's one that's a lot more reasonable:

Trooper Mk. V

(n.b. I am not affiliated with this seller in any way)

I'd go for it if I were in the market for one.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,823 Posts
The reason for the high price is this is an extremely rare collector's gun.

As you'll note, it has the super-rare optical illusion 6" barrel that LOOKS like a 4" barrel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dfariswheel, I sure am glad you brought that point up! I was calling for an eye appointment. Sure looks like a 4 inch to me!!!!

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
dfariswheel, I sure am glad you brought that point up! I was calling for an eye appointment. Sure looks like a 4 inch to me!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you're sounding like one of the lady gunslingers. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
106 Posts
People are stupid. Someone with more cash than brains will buy it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
With all the resources available here in cyberspace, plus the print media, I can't believe folks would fail to 'do their homework' before seriously considering the purchase of ANY revolver, much less an overpriced 'collector' edition(!)
Don /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Allthough this forum is filled with knowledgable people who know there stuff and filled with even more people who will try to investigate all the ins and outs of a gun, there are still people who see it, buy it, and in the end even couldn't care less about it. The kinds of people who just like to show of with a beautiful piece of anything, only because of the fact that they can afford it and someone else can't.

Example: A dude in my hometown became filthyrich during the internethype and was lucky enough to bail out at the right time. Rumour has it that he has an 8 figure bankaccount.
So after the big mansion, he bought a boat that never has left the harbor except to get it in dry-dock to clean the hull, build a car showroom where he stalls oldtimers and employs a guy to keep them nice and clean but never even drives them and now he has started to buy up art and antiques which dissappears in a warehouse as an investment. All beautiful things that is being bought up by someone who doesn't understand the word appreciation. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
(perhaps I even don't know it because I just keep wondering whether or not I spelled that right /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I bought the four-incher running at the same time that $900 four/six-incher was on Guns America.
$700 was a little steep, but it came with a box & papers, and it arrived here unfired.
Aside from a very funky looking hand that'll be replaced shortly, I'm quite happy with it.
On some specific models I'm looking for, with 99% or better finish, I'll pay what it takes to get one when I find it.
If it's something outside the mainstream, what it's worth means what it's worth to the buyer at the time he or she sees it.
$900+ was a bit of a dream, though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts