Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is advertised in NSW - not too cheap for "fair condition". Altcar is, I believe, a village in England. The "Colt Gun Competition"? Wonder what first prize was?

Calibre/Item: 455 Eley
Make: Colt
Model: Service
Action: Revolver
Barrel Length: 5.5 inches
Serial No: 19
Condition: Fair
Price: $4350
Advertised: 16/08/2019

Comment: Complete with authentication from Colt's Historian confirming Serial Number 19 was shipped to colts London Agency 16th March 1899. This revolver is engraved on the back strap with the same words as on the case plate. Genuine condition and open to offers.
Transfering dealer: Custom 37, 37 Wirraway St.Taminda Industrial Estate Tamworth NSW

2 digit 1.jpg 2 digit 2.jpg 2 digit 3.jpg

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love low serial numbers. That’s only about $3,000 U.S. I would buy it if it were sold in the U.S. I bought quite a few guns from the Skelton collection, but they were brought from Australia and sold here.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love low serial numbers. That’s only about $3,000 U.S. I would buy it if it were sold in the U.S. I bought quite a few guns from the Skelton collection, but they were brought from Australia and sold here.
Probably worth the $$. First year manufacture and cased. Depends on the provenance I guess - what could be dug up on Vernon and Fairbank?

·
Registered
58 Posts
When picking up a Colt New Service I can close my eyes n' have visions of Sgt Preston of the Yukon trudging through the snow in search of the bad guys. Or seeing Ramar of the Jungle coming to the rescue once again. Even RCMP Sergent Millen (Lee Marvin) in the movie Death Hunt, doing his duty. There's just 'something' about a Colt New Service . . .

Showing a 5 1/2" New Service .44 Special with Stag grips - a splendid shooter it is.
A 4" New Service in .357 magnum.
One notices the weight difference between .38 caliber and .44 caliber holes in the cylinder/barrel.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts