Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Quite unusual...
Subject three stamps appear to be European proof marks, namely first one on left, eventually eagle over N for nitro-powder (?)
A better picture would help, including markings on barrel at ejection port
If I had to pick a country, I'd say East Germany (linked to China via USSR in the Communist world)

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
The middle markings appear to be the mark for Munich, but can't make out the marking on right side.

Rather than Munich the marking appears to be for Melfrichstadt. The last marking is probably the year of proofing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although the bulk of the SMP pistols that were imported came to the USA some were imported by other countries. There used to be a gun shop in Aldershot in the UK that had some SMP pistols. I purchased a few of them. A few were given as gifts at some point and ended up in other European countries.

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts
Why is it that all the SMP pistols look to be rode ha5d and put up wet? Even the NYPD guns seem to have fared better.
Easy, because they were rode hard and put up wet every day. Very High humidity in Shanghai...
SMP OTJ2.jpg SMP OTJ - Copy.jpg
I'd rather have obiefox's PDNY 380 hammerless

L-3.JPG
Some SMP Pistols survived in good condition complete with original factory walnut stocks.

©Copyright ei8ht of 9ine 2017all rights reserved. Magic Stump Ltd.
not associated with Colts's Manufacturing LLC or USarmamentcorp.
Honorary life time member of the he-man woman haters club.

Sent from my mPhone using 1903power Pro II

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the owner in Brno, Czech. I met him on another forum as he is looking for a correct mag for it.

" I finally bought it from Germany. Unfortunately, it has the stamps of the German importer (Frankonia) and German firing proofs."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts