Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if any differences ,are there between a Boa and a Python ...I am confused ...just what makes a Boa a Boa?

·
Registered
689 Posts
The Rare and Highly Sought After Boa is a hybrid of a Trooper MKV with a Python Barrel... Pictured below is a matching set/consecutive S/Ned (of 100) with the respective wood box as sold/distrubuted by Lew Horton...

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That's just the whole thing. A Trooper with a Python barrel= ass-a-nine pricing. That's what I don't get.
I just don't get it. It's what makes me GUN-KWAZY !!!

If a Tropper with a Python barrel is that much money, just imagine the Python with a Python barrel. Now I'm getting chills.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
400 Posts
So a Boa is a Trooper that's being swallowed by a Python?

Dave

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Colt + rare = $$$$

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if they made 600 of each barrel length and production was 1200 total. That works out to a $3000 gun ???

That quote alone would put the Silver Snake in which they only made 250 total in the $5k range.

Snake Eyes sets were 500 & total produced was only 1000.
Those sets should be $5,000-$6,000.

The Double Diamond only was 1000 total guns. That should put them at about $3k with-out the bottom feeder it came with.

Custom Cobras were only produced in 200 or 250 pcs. Those bad boys should be knockin' down $4k each.

Oh well, now it all makes sense.

Jeff still (GUNKWAZY)
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yep, silly place we hang a round in, ain't it?

By the way:

Can somebody give me a range report on the Boa, Silver Snake, Custom Cobra and a Snake Eyes Set? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I mean one would expect that - if one would invest that kind of money in a gun- one would be able to pick out the bull over and over again! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Can somebody give me a range report on the Boa, Silver Snake, Custom Cobra and a Snake Eyes Set? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!

The Dutch have a great sense of humor.

·
Registered
715 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
...just imagine the Python with a Python barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, that would be a Python, of which there are thousands upon thousands to choose from.

Yes, there were only 600 Boas in each barrel length but you can't just say that if 50% fewer of another gun were made, then ipso facto it's worth 2x as much.

Remember it's Economics 101: supply and demand. You need the demand in addition to the limited supply in order to get outrageous prices. Maybe there isn't quite the demand for Silver Snakes as there are for Boas? Why does anyone want any particular gun? Why would someone pay thousands for a 1st or 2nd gen. SAA when they can get a current gen. SAA or a copy for a lot less? Some think it's obvious, some won't get it.

What should it matter to anyone why someone who has the means and desire to buy a Boa for $3,000 would buy that gun for that price? Let them. It's their prerogative.

What are you guys complaining about? Aren't you happy you have Colts, the most desirable guns out there?

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Who's complaining ?
We just like to read your 5 page reports /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And I always get a kick out of anyone who uses the term Ipso-crack-doe

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Remember it's Economics 101: supply and demand. You need the demand in addition to the limited supply in order to get outrageous prices. Maybe there isn't quite the demand for Silver Snakes as there are for Boas? Why does anyone want any particular gun? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I do think it is most interesting how certain guns regardless of actual relative scarcity or age seem to get much more or less play than others. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't get the 5 page report comment.

At any rate I happen to believe that Blokey makes a number of good points, and his rhetorical questions are food for thought. Well said, clear and concise.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
My original comment was a comedy of some sort based on the fact that a Tropper is a Python wannabe. Now you stick a Python (top of the line) barrel on a Python Wannabe and it's worth its weight in Gold. Makes NO sense.
So, in theory, the Python (top of the line) with a Python Barrel would be much more valuable. Again, just in theory.

In comparison, if we took a Uberti SAA pistol (Colt wannabe)and the company did a release of those with REAL Colt SAA barrels, those babies would be worth some serious cash. Much more than a real Colt SAA. Yeah right !!!

If we took a Dodge Stratus and put a Viper motor in it and sold it through Dodge should it be more valuable than a real Dodge Viper ? I don't think so.

So, now I'm posting a 5 page report on some crap that doesn't matter only because you aint gonna change the market.
There's things in every market that just does NOT make sense. The Boas are one of those odd things that just don't make sense.
I'm not complaining, I'm just stating that no matter what ya do you will not make sense of this subject, no matter how you analyze it. The numbers are just wrong no matter how you slice it.

And to answer the Pork question, I'm gonna have to go with Yes on that.... No no no, Ok, Yea, I'm gonna stick with Yes.
What did I win ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
400 Posts
You won a Dodge Neon with a Cummings Turbo Diesel in it. Should be valuable in a few years because so few were made. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dave

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ah, I get it now. Pig logic! Thanks for clearing that up guys. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Getting back to the serious side, the pricing on the Boa is indeed out of whack. For exactly the reasons Blokey pointed out. However those of you who don't own Boa's and those of you who have Snake Eyes, must recognize your opinions may be biased somewhat because of that. Just like those of us who own Boa's may see the issue through a different set of glasses.

There was a member here a year or so back that bought a set of 4" & 6" Boa's for something like $1200 for the pair. If you have a problem with the Boa pricing hitting the clouds, do what he did. Find an affordable set! Apparently it can be done.

·
Registered
689 Posts
A spin on the Boa’s value, leastwise to my feeble way of thinking is simple. The Snake Collectors, of which there are many, have a common goal of obtaining 1 (possibly more) of each flavor of the Colt Snake Revolvers.

The majority of them are seeking the Boa because it is the rarest of the Snakes. Jeff’s comment on their being less Snake-Eyes, Combat and Custom Cobras etc. is very true. However, they are simply a different flavor of a Cobra and Python thus to the Snake collector they are respected but not necessary to complete their goal.

This is (IMHO) the logic and the reasoning behind the Boa’s (Economics 101 supply and demand) value.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Congradulations! You just won a 100# bag of pig manure!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet !!! I'll fire up the grill. My mouth's a waterin'.
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy went home,
That little piggy's went Wee wee wee and the others shit a brick when the truck flipped over. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts