Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)Is an Officer's Model Target, a good buy for $800(Before any fees or tax!)? And, it looks to be virtually, "Unfired"(or, very little, if that?)and, there probably isn't any box or papers? There is no cylinder ring at all! And, no wear showing in the bluing!

2)Would this OMT(.22 cal.)revolver, tend to increase in "Collectible" value(Anytime soon?)and, is it worth it, to invest this much money($800!)in this gun?

3)Please add any other comments(Pro or, Con?)?

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 01-15-2005).]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Probably a fair price if it's that nice. If it's a Pre War OMT I've seen them sell in that condition for $ 750. What are you buying it for, your collection ?, investment?, and what does Anytime Soon meain ?.

If your buying it for your collection don't worry about how soon it will go up in price as I don't think that's what collecting is all about. If your buying it to make a quick buck in a short time, put your money into something else as it may take 3 to 5 years to make anything on it if you sell it to a dealer, maybe longer.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colt38:
1)Is an Officer's Model Target, a good buy for $800(Before any fees or tax!)? And, it looks to be virtually, "Unfired"(or, very little, if that?)and, there probably isn't any box or papers? There is no cylinder ring at all! And, no wear showing in the bluing!

2)Would this OMT(.22 cal.)revolver, tend to increase in "Collectible" value(Anytime soon?)and, is it worth it, to invest this much money($800!)in this gun?

3)Please add any other comments(Pro or, Con?)?

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 01-15-2005).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 01-15-2005).]

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have one from 1938 that barely have a turn line, no box or papers, that I got for $650 early last year. The price may sound high, but you have to consider how many in that condition you will find.
Short term investment I would say no. To make a profit you would have to wait a few years unless you find someone who just have to have it.
Personal collection I say go for it as you won't find many in that condition, especially if it's a Pre-war model.

·
Registered
132 Posts
800 bucks is far too high, if you ask me, for the gun you describe. Maybe if it was absolutely mint in the box with paper and tools, but otherwise much too high.

Best,
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts