Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,871 Posts
The web site still says that they'll start taking new refinishing work in the Fall of 2013.

The site suggests:

"Contact customer service before sending in your items, 800-962-COLT (2658) ext. 1450"

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
I just sent in a Woodsman to be nickeled, they are accepting some projects---not sure if it is the stuff done primarily outside.....I do recall they said they had a specific back up with Royal Blue work, assuming that is what the original poster was needing, and that they are shorthanded in that area.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, its royal bluing and I was told to ship it in the first of December. So maybe it will be there less time if I comply with the "window" of which I will do.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,509 Posts
I just sent in a Woodsman to be nickeled, they are accepting some projects---not sure if it is the stuff done primarily outside.....I do recall they said they had a specific back up with Royal Blue work, assuming that is what the original poster was needing, and that they are shorthanded in that area.
Steve. You don't see many nickel Woodsman's. Which one are you having done? This is one of my favorite's, a 2nd model Match Target in nickel.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Who does Colt's nickel finish? I believe Colt polishes the gun and then sends it out? Would like to have a 22 New Frontier possibly done.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
That Woodsman is awesome! I got tired of looking for an original nickel gun, and scared of the prices......I have so many of them (blued ones) I will probably get a few of them done in nickel....but the one in there now is a 3rd gen, Woodsman Target (6", skinny barrel)....I will send a 3rd gen 4" Sport in there next.....your 4.5" Match Target is my favorite configuration---and that is just how I ordered mine done, with the rear site, front site blade and front site pins left in blue.....the frosted nickel in the side barrel flutes on yours is outrageously cool looking!

The Colt's I shoot the most are Woodsman's, by a wide margin.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would contact Brent who is on this website and ask him. I forget his Handel here but I'm sure someone will chime in with it. That's what I did last year when I wanted to send in my Python. He told me to hold off to July which I did. I then sent the revolver in with copies of my email correspondence. They sent me an invoice about a month later. I'm hoping to see that Python back here soon. I'll post pics when I get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts