Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if Mark1648 (Colt employee/director/etc, etc) from 1911forum.com is a member of this forum. No posts by "Mark1648" but I wondered if he was under a different name.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't know if he's here or not, but here's an interesting post he made on another Forum yesterday:

Colt Thread

Colt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't updated everyone in a while so here is the latest.

The O4691, O4091U and O1980XSE are back in production, in fact at least 100 units of each have already shipped this month. The Gunsite pistol is on the back burner and not in the mix as we speak.

I do have recomenmdations pending approval for some new models for next year, once I get approval I will let you good folks know.

Business in general is very good, orders are up significantly over last year and we are getting stronger. Thanks to all of you and your cintinued support.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, why isn't he on the COLT forum also? Is it just volume of members? I think 1911forum has more but they are not just Colt enthusiasts. I'd figure Colt would want to know what the members of the Colt forum had to say. Hope this doesn't show what they think of collectors of their products.

Again, these are only my musings.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wasn't trying to comment on whether or not Mark posts here. I thought that this line from the post he did make, albeit on another forum, was very interesting:

<u>"I do have recomenmdations pending approval for some new models for next year...."</u>

Sounds rather interesting to me!

Greg

·
Registered
400 Posts
I bet they're just variations on the SAA and the 1911 not truely "new models". That's just my cynical opinion.

Dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I bet they're just variations on the SAA and the 1911 not truely "new models". That's just my cynical opinion.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably more likely the case than not Dave, but Kimber sure has made some strides over the last few years offering the public multiple "variations" of their 1911 models. Same guns, different marketing ploys. Don't know if Colt is anywhere near the point yet where they can introduce a truly "new" model, or even reintroduce a classic old one, but they've got to start somewhere to try and regain some of the market.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts