Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a comprehensive book on New Service revolvers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone has this book I need help researching the New Service that I purchased at Tulsa. The Blue Book calls it rare yet there is no mention of this gun in The Book of Colt Firearms.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
The reason I posted the link to the book seller is so you could buy it on-line. As a new Colt guy, you should have it anyway.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I posted the link to the book seller is so you could buy it on-line. As a new Colt guy, you should have it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the answer I was looking for. Besides, I'm impatient. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's been said to one a book per gun. I am several books behind. Buying the book is one thing, finding the time to read it is another. I hear ya and I will take your advise.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I bought a copy just recently. Postage was more than the book, but that's okay. Big Price--$7.50 I believe.

Hey Addicted. You might find the selection of books quite interesting on his web site. Definitely one to bookmark.

·
Administrator
7,043 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Addicted,

So... what rare New Service did you buy???

Bob Best

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bob

I think this is the one he's referring to .
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showflat...fd4c9619d4d642b

I bought Mr Murphy's book back about 1986 or so . It's very good info . Basic model variations with serial ranges and markings . Much info derived from his own observations and survey reports . Some early factory end of year inventory reports . It's well worth the price ! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Mitch,

Ahhh... I think I missed that when I looked before! I agree with you, Murphy's book is the best one available now. I think there is considerably more, newer, information available out there though and a good book would be in order. Do you collect the New Services??? I don't remember you mentioning them before??? I have 25 or so in my collection... Are you collecting info on them? If you are, I would be happy to share... Let me know.

Take care,
Bob

·
Administrator
7,043 Posts
Hi Bob

I'm not patient enough to write a book /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif , but I'll share my info if you're starting one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't counted recently , but I recall I have 2 Shooting Masters and maybe 10 service models .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts