Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A brand new colt ar 15 match target Hbar flat top for 1200.00 at a local gunshop ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I certainly do not want to come across as being rude to the OP, but a forum is the last place I am going to ask if the price is right.

When I was ready to pull the trigger on a Colt AR deal I called my favorite 4 Gunshops and then I called their competion.
I also shop for customer service, so I add a little $ to that cause. When I am done calling around I jump on the net and start shopping for the exact model to see what it brings on the net, not that I would ever buy a firearm over the net that I can buy in a local GS, refering back to customer service if there is a problem.

The reasons I don't ask members on a forum are simple. Most don't live in My State as prices differ greatly from State to State. The forum members are also not there to see and touch the firearm.

Now if you are asking the Opinion of the forum on a certain firearm, well that is completely different.

I will side with McGroin as that style of AR at $1200.00 is a good deal. Noscratches, no blemishes, Box in good shape with all the paperwork and with a decent return policy if you don't like the accuarcy. A Very Good Price where I live.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm not an expert, but i did some research for mine, and I pulled an LE6920MP-B for $1,999 at impact guns about a month ago; my friends gave me their blessings.

·
Registered
852 Posts
ARs in general and Colts' in particular are where you find them in this peculiar political climate. That said, $1200 seems a little dear. Concur with Six-gun's suggestion of shopping around, and make sure you compare apples to apples. It is my subjective impression that 20" HBars aren't the hot ticket right now, with more emphasis on M4gerys.
BTW, what purpose do you have for the rifle, Rebs? Personally don't care for the weight or balance of an HBar, but if you're shooting from rest it should be fine.
Moon

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ARs in general and Colts' in particular are where you find them in this peculiar political climate. That said, $1200 seems a little dear. Concur with Six-gun's suggestion of shopping around, and make sure you compare apples to apples. It is my subjective impression that 20" HBars aren't the hot ticket right now, with more emphasis on M4gerys.
BTW, what purpose do you have for the rifle, Rebs? Personally don't care for the weight or balance of an HBar, but if you're shooting from rest it should be fine.
Moon
It would be for target shooting at a range, mainly from a shooting bench

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to give you general idea, when i was looking for an Ar15 i researched and decided on a Colt LE6920mp-FDE. When I started shopping locally not one shop had one(any colt for that matter). I started to make calls and travel a bit to other shops,no luck. One local shop told me i couldn't have an LE6920 because it was a law enforcement model,(blah blah blah). That same shop told me that an AR is a Ar is a Ar and I was paying for the colt name. Well I hi tailed it out of there. After lots of research on the net and lots of phone calls saying,nope we don't have any and don't know when we will. When i did find the rifle i was looking for, the pricing was crazy.Anywhere from $1500.00-$1999.00. I finally found a place and got a good price.Colt LE6920mp-FDE for$1099.00 and since I live in New York I had to pay another $50.00 the get the stock pinned,muzzle brake welded,bayonet lug removed and have the pmags blocked for 10rounds. Oh yea the FFL transfer was $35.00. All in all i thought that was pretty good. And the customer service i received was professional and top notch. $1200.00 for a Colt AR that will bring you years and years of happiness,confidence and reliability is a good price.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I live in Flori-duh, double 30rnd mags, drums, folding stocks and bayonets are welcome here. So are you.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I certainly do not want to come across as being rude to the OP, but a forum is the last place I am going to ask if the price is right.

When I was ready to pull the trigger on a Colt AR deal I called my favorite 4 Gunshops and then I called their competion.
I also shop for customer service, so I add a little $ to that cause. When I am done calling around I jump on the net and start shopping for the exact model to see what it brings on the net, not that I would ever buy a firearm over the net that I can buy in a local GS, refering back to customer service if there is a problem.

The reasons I don't ask members on a forum are simple. Most don't live in My State as prices differ greatly from State to State. The forum members are also not there to see and touch the firearm.

Now if you are asking the Opinion of the forum on a certain firearm, well that is completely different.

I will side with McGroin as that style of AR at $1200.00 is a good deal. Noscratches, no blemishes, Box in good shape with all the paperwork and with a decent return policy if you don't like the accuarcy. A Very Good Price where I live.

Just my 2 cents.
My question is a colt ar 15 match target Hbar flat top considered to be or not considered to be a "certain firearm" ?

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts