Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
just going by memory and without digging into my safe to look i'd say that the label looks fake and i'm 99%sure the hang tags are the wrong color for that era colt.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. My tags are yellow for that era I think and box looks different (and aged/beatup). I appreciate the response

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Yes that is a fake. And a really bad description to boot, Near mint and believed to be unfired, OMG lol!!!:bang_wall:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one I believe to be unfired, in the box just like that one and am considering selling it since I bought a couple more this weekend. Was trying to gauge value and it looked fake to me. 3 months ago I would not have had a clue, this forum has done a lot to educate me but I still have a very long way to go

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Here is one of my Government Series 70s from that year. Notice the direction (orientation) of the end flap folds. Also notice the absence of "Thumb" cut outs. Of course the label is an obvious reproduction. Keep a photo of the real thing and never get fooled.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Anybody have any opinion or comment on what appear to be grommets, or something similar, around the grip screws? I owned several '70 Series Governments, Gold Cups and Commanders, purchased new, back when they were in production and none had anything like that around the grip screws...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
just going by memory and without digging into my safe to look i'd say that the label looks fake and i'm 99%sure the hang tags are the wrong color for that era colt.
Yes...but he is giving you two of them :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.