Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was entering into a workplace and thought I have identified what I believe to be a Python.. but not sure. I have recently acquired a 4" nickel, if you have not seen it, please take a gander at it in the photo section.. I like getting LIKES, but hey, who doesnt :)
anyway, this sign posed several questions to me. Is this a Python? if it is, I don't think it has the original nor correct stocks. Is this direct descrimination against the Python itself to exclude it as a concealed carry .. and.. does it mean that's the only handgun they don't allow inside the door?
oh well.. maybe its a Smith.

Registered
I'll give you a like on this one, just to keep you sweet :)
Congratulations on your Python.

Just disregard the graphic firearm representation on the sign - could be a Korth, who knows. What do most graphic artists know about firearms? Not much.

Registered
just curious under NC law does that sign have the force of law behind it?
If you look up the statue it has to do with statewide uniformity in ccw laws so no township or municipality can make up their own laws.It's a scare tactic so people don't carry in the Hospital,they do the same thing here in Florida but nobody seems to look up the statues

Registered
I doubt that the sign has the force of law behind it. It is probably like the Florida law in that a business can proclaim itself a gun-free zone if it wants to. If they suspect that you have a firearm and ask you to leave, you are obliged to do so. Failure to comply may result in a charge of trespass. I usually disregard these idiot signs.

BTW, that's not a Python - ejector rod on wrong side.

Registered
I live in the Kingdom of Cuomo, Aka New York State.Even with a Full Carry Concealed Pistol Licence the "act" of carrying becomes illegal even with the verbal request of the property owner that they do not want a gun on thier property.If a buisness has a "No guns Policy" I don't go thier. Here all hospitals are considered a "Gun Free Zone" for civilians so when I am working as a Nurse I must be unarmed. I would research the apprpriate code stated on the sign to get the full story

Premium Member
I don't know what the sign means with regard to which handgun is allowed but the sign specifically states that the carrying of concealed handguns is prohibited.

So, by definition, the carrying of concealed Uzi's are perfectly legal. This is a very poorly worded sign.

Bud

I was entering into a workplace and thought I have identified what I believe to be a Python.. but not sure. I have recently acquired a 4" nickel, if you have not seen it, please take a gander at it in the photo section.. I like getting LIKES, but hey, who doesnt :)
anyway, this sign posed several questions to me. Is this a Python? if it is, I don't think it has the original nor correct stocks. Is this direct descrimination against the Python itself to exclude it as a concealed carry .. and.. does it mean that's the only handgun they don't allow inside the door?
oh well.. maybe its a Smith.

Registered
No, but this is:

That loathsome scuplture has long been a cheap thrill for the unthinking gun control advocates. They unwittingly admire a tribute to the choking off of American liberty when they look on that statue approvingly. Or is it really unwitting of them?

Besides, if you undid that knot in the barrel, that'd be the first ever depiction of a Python rifle.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yeah, regardless of the real legalities of the sign, I heed its request for the fact of needing a job and living indoors. Although this is a very, very rural hospital, the one security/ police personnel need only one good reason to make both our lives exciting and give me more attention that I would certainly want. Without a doubt, it would make the local news if they so desired to notify them. The larger trauma center hospital , mother ship of this hospital chain, had a criminal lead a police car chase near it, then on foot, entered the hospital and was captured inside it. Of course, all the more reason to BE ARMED in a hospital, but I'm armed with a tool box that has stuff I could hand out to many people for personal protection, except a firearm. A 12" adjustable wrench or 18 " breaker bar turns hard heads to soft ones!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That loathsome scuplture has long been a cheap thrill for the unthinking gun control advocates. They unwittingly admire a tribute to the choking off of American liberty when they look on that statue approvingly. Or is it really unwitting of them?Besides, if you undid that knot in the barrel, that'd be the first ever depiction of a Python rifle.
That would be a rifle barrel if unknotted. I'm surprised someone hasn't snuck out, cut it down to 3" barrel to scale, fake letter it, build a building for a fake box out of real woodgrain and list it arms List and gun broker

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.