Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
A number of Anacondas were factory drilled and tapped...same with some King Cobras. I've no idea of the numbers done as such but it was a factory option. Ported barrels were an option as well...my 4" Anaconda is ported.

I don't have a feel for a fair market value...I would use as a bargaining chip that since it can't be verified the drilling and tapping is factory, it shouldn't be valued as such.

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,167 Posts
The factory Drilled and tapped Guns came with Black plastic protector plugs in the holes from the factory.

I would have felt better of it being factory if they were present.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Starting in about 1997, almost all Anacondas were factory drilled and tapped. I'm about 99% sure that yours is a factory job.

·
Registered
478 Posts
pick up the phone call colt......give them the serial number ask for date of manufact and model number...if factory the model number will end with DT ...if it doesnt end with a DT its still probably colt custom shop but no way of ever verifying

the New Colt look up no longer lists the model number which sucks.......i have a Anaconda that is within 150 of yours its a 6" and before colt changed their lookup page mine was listed with a model number that included the DT (i did order the letter later that confirmed it)(mine was also ported but the letter did not confirm that)(pic for fun)

personally i think yours is a factory DT......but unless you can prove it via Colt...Box...Letter....it really doesnt matter

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.