Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, what years did they use this python Box?

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the tell tale sign, no numbers? font?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Kanatak, I hate being so far behind the curve on things

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
It is a definate fake.Without even getting into the full explaination I don't need to go any farther than the fake label. Game set and match.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in negoationsto buy this how does it look to you???

I feel a little like a pest asking so much but I have the colt fever now, this is claimed to be a 1959 Colt Agent 38spl 1st issue in the original box. what do you think and whats it worth, thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Title says it all, what years did they use this python Box?
Box and Label are both fakes. Do you own that box? Is that why you are wanting to know the years they were used?

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Our Forum goes to extraordinary lengths to share knowledge with Colt enthusiasts and collectors at every turn. Responding to 1stMarDiv is a good example of this. I have offered many responses to his posts and PMs but will now cease doing so until we learn a little more about him.

1stMarDiv, you know how helpful we have been and you should not take this the wrong way. Please help us know more about you, your collection and particularly the details about all the collectible Colts you have recently sought help with.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I have expressed the same sentiment in the other thread requesting the OP takes the time and allows us to get to know him.I also reflected to the first time I asked a "What do you guys think? " when I was buying a nickel D.S 1971 vintage with it looking like the Nickel was flaking off from the pics. It was 325 dollars,I bought it thanks to the forum, and when it came the Nickel was perfect with no renickel needed. I asked this question when my post count was in the 500 range because I wanted to get to know the members and have everyone know me.I am hoping that 1stMARDIV will become a valuable and participating forum member.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
although I agree with the sentiments of kanatak and cruiser I have to question why this particular member is being picked out when we have a long history of bigger askers and takers and nobody has spoke up to them?
example, a member who has been here much longer with many more posts almost all of them seeking info and then he disappears until the next question.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1191875

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I am not "picking" on the OP.Just trying to guide him in the right direction because of your astute observation.When I see it I will always try to invite the person to our group so we make new friends and have more valued members.If I am out of line in any way I apologize.....JMHO....MIke

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have expressed the same sentiment in the other thread requesting the OP takes the time and allows us to get to know him.I also reflected to the first time I asked a "What do you guys think? " when I was buying a nickel D.S 1971 vintage with it looking like the Nickel was flaking off from the pics. It was 325 dollars,I bought it thanks to the forum, and when it came the Nickel was perfect with no renickel needed. I asked this question when my post count was in the 500 range because I wanted to get to know the members and have everyone know me.I am hoping that 1stMARDIV will become a valuable and participating forum member.
Our Forum goes to extraordinary lengths to share knowledge with Colt enthusiasts and collectors at every turn. Responding to 1stMarDiv is a good example of this. I have offered many responses to his posts and PMs but will now cease doing so until we learn a little more about him.

1stMarDiv, you know how helpful we have been and you should not take this the wrong way. Please help us know more about you, your collection and particularly the details about all the collectible Colts you have recently sought help with.

Best of luck!
I am not "picking" on the OP.Just trying to guide him in the right direction because of your astute observation.When I see it I will always try to invite the person to our group so we make new friends and have more valued members.If I am out of line in any way I apologize.....JMHO....MIke
Well gentlemen, I guess my post about why and what I am about was deleted by the authorities because it contained personal information. So if my curiosity got the best of me, it wasn't meant to raise eyebrows or spark a conspiracy. I am a collector of modern military weapons, bought my first anaconda 8 months ago and got me hooked. However it came with a fake box and thus my desire to not let that happen again. And thats it any other questions just pm me, thanks here are a few pics of my collection,

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Best of luck!

Posted some pics and will update them soon, I have been trying to build my collection or colts. I just don't want to buy fake boxes, or over pay for a gun. My sole purpose it to gain the knowledge and not over look a diamond in the rough. I just want a valuable collection that gains value to leave to my family.

·
Administrator
7,335 Posts
Yes I removed a couple posts . There was no call for them .

Respectfully ,, we've never required a new member to prove himself in the past . If you want to wait and see how they develop before offering advice or assistance please do that . It's ok to answer or to not answer .

Advice given with strings or conditions is wrong for Coltforum .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Mitch, I just want to learn. And thanks to those who see that and are willing to help me

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
Welcome 1stMarDiv. I saw your write up and I almost responded to say that you are under no obligations to prove yourself. Since it's been addressed, let's all let those balloons loose in the wind and let'er go. We see so many, the amount would be shocking actually, of the number of people that pop on here, now have somehow inherited or acquired a Colt/Colts and want instant correct and valuable info, with some being unappreciative, rude, argumentative, and really a few truly dislike guns too. We see that you couldn't squeeze a toe into that category with your gun collection, so please let us Colt members step back, comb our hair and extend a " you found us " welcome to you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts