Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this bullet a good candidate for loading the .32 Colt New Police (.32 S&W Long)?

Hello
Some time in the future once I get the dies, cases, etc., I plan on reloading for my Police Positive in .32 New Police. Just wondering if this bullet is a good choice to start with? I'd like to get something that is fairly close to the original weight and bullet profile of the .32 Colt New Police.
Thanks
Mark

Missouri Bullet Company

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
A FINE LOOKING 32 calber SWC bullet. Were it I, the order would be placed for them in .313"OD, maybe even .314"OD. I'll make a minor wager that is the RCBS 32 100gr SWC bullet or one dang close copy of it.
I run that bullet at 1150fps from 32S&WLONG handloads in large frame 32S&WLONG newer pistols, including those in 32H&RMAG.
IMNHO, the best bullet for regular 32LONG shooting is the WC and none are better than the SPEER 98gr HBWC bullet flying at 850+-fps, give or take 50fps depending upon the desires of your 32 pistol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I will be putting in an order here in a week or so. It might be putting the cart in front of the horse, as I need to get the dies and brass. However, the way things are now with supply and demand, I'm going to pick what I can when and where I can.
Thanks
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts