Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi Addicted,
From just a quick look at the guys auction statement, I would advise caution... I believe the Colt Custom Shop only dates back a few years... I know they didn't have that in the 1930s... Also the photos look pretty dark and somewhat blurred so there is a lot of detail missing... I believe the sight (from what I can see) is a later model than the gun... If I was buying it, I would want to have it lettered to confirm the configuration and see the invoice from the Custom Shop...Just my thoughts... Bob Best

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Aside from the linguistics and authenticity questions, he designates it an absolute as-is auction implying he will not honor the AA required three day inspection. I think that should raise some AA eyebrows. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
Registered
323 Posts
As I recall, 1976 was the start-up date for the Colt Custom Shop.
I would not bite on that one.
Don

·
Registered
907 Posts
The hammer looks to be early '50's. And the rifle sights are a nice touch... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
110 Posts
But it's from his personal collection...!!!....but then he speculates as to how many rounds fired...???...I have already bought two colts this month, I think I am over my limit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've collected and watched the market on OMT's for some long years now; never heard or seen anything quite like this. The (kinda nice) target grips look to me like later Herret's, not like the kind of grips I'd associate with the 30's. Whether or not I'm right about that, I'd be very, very sceptical of the claims made for that gun. Now it was in the 400 to 500 dollar range, it might be a nice shooter.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts