Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I'm a new in the forum, one of the only defects of having born in Mexico is that it doesn't have a great gun culture, so I come to the experts in this forum, I have lurked for a while (for the pr0n mainly), but never created an account.

I bought a couple 19XX guns and someone offered me this engraved pistol saying it's original engraved form factory, what do you think? It doesn't look like other engraved I've seen, and the grips also seem to be missing something.

He stated it's a nickel, engraved 1908 chambered in 380 acp. What do you say?

IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0087 (1).JPG

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
The engraving is nicely done and attractive, but it doesn't look factory. Neither do the stocks. Unfortunately, the pistol is also refinished.
However, if it isn't overpriced, is an appealing '08 Hammerless.

Welcome to the Colt Forum. We have a lot of nice folks here. I'm sure you will be a good addition as well.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
That gun appears to have received a lot of wear, so it was buffed, then engraved and refinished to improve its appearance, then fitted with aftermarket stocks. The original lettering is very light, hence my conclusion that the gun had a lot of wear. Engraving can cover up many blemishes in a gun's surface.

My guess is that it is aftermarket engraved, but the only way to be sure is to order the archives letter.

Any way you look at it, it is a beautiful pistol, and should be most functional.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts