Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
My guess is that all of these Pythons were sold by either Bryant Ridge or Keystone Arms. They always have exuberant descriptions of the guns they sell. Judging from their results, it seems to be working for them.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am also interested in this one but it seems as if the cylinder latch is slightly out of place? Help me out fellas. Does the seller look reputable? Im a young clueless colt fan lol. I am dying for a bright stainless python.

·
Registered
9,739 Posts
Wrong stocks...it has 2nd gen stocks...by 1980 3rd gen stocks were in use. That doesn't mean it's possible a 2nd gen set of stocks wasn't found in the parts bin but not all that likely. For a nickeled Python the stock screw and bushing should be nickeled and not blued. The stock medallion is silver...not gold but I think Colt may have putting silver medallions on Python stocks for nickeled guns...someone more knowledgable should be able to answer that.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So would you guys feel comfortable buying this revolver? I I inherited a Python but I am far from an expert on them. I would love some advice before I bite the bullet and buy this. I don't want to be taken for a ride and get a display piece that can't shoot. Talking about the Bright Stainless one. Thanks!-Larry

·
Registered
9,739 Posts
It's gonna take someone more knowledgeable and experienced than me but I believe that Python has been given the BSS finish after the fact. The Rampant Colt looks like it's been polished out slightly and not as sharp as it should be. The screw holes look dished from polishing. I think the part number on the box is for a standard stainless finish Python...the number should say "I 3061" rather than "I 3060"...again...I believe.

Many have provided warnings about dealing with Bryant Ridge due to such shannigans. I've bought from them twice and been pleased with the deals I got but neither was a high dollar Colt. In fact...one was a WWII Official Police I got cheap and was the only bidder...maybe they weren't aware of what it was or didn't promote it adequately...or maybe their reputation kept other bidders away?

Reactions: Magungo1066

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I would pass on this one, wrong grips and box. Also I see evidence of the gun begin fired more than a little. It looks like to me I see rings of wear around each chamber where the rounds are inserted into the cylinder. Also there is black crud on the inside of the frame where the cylinder is inserted. There are carbon rings on the cylinder face that are partially cleaned off. Look carefully. $3100.00 too much. I'm referring to the GI sale.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last time I will bug you guys. Do either of these look good? I really appreciate all the help! I am new here.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Collectors Firearms probably isn’t the place to go for reasonably priced guns.

·
Registered
9,739 Posts
Chill out a bit...it sounds like you have Python fever. Don't jump on any that come along...Pythons aren't rare. The right one will show...maybe when you're not actively looking for it. Someone with buying fever is what the price gougers want.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Listen to Snidley. if you rush into any purchase, chances are you will be sorry.
Dont forget to check the classifieds here, Pythons do come up for sale.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts