Colt Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
The Consummate Collector
6,488 Posts
There’s another one been put up now, this was listed 3 weeks ago with a starting price of 2250 and it didn’t sell but but he has raised the price by 500.

I’m confused lol
The pictures are really bad on that one. I can't even see the Colt logo on the side. Why these sellers don't post more and better pictures is a mystery to me. Teo pictures to try and sell a gun?

·
The Consummate Collector
6,488 Posts
Which is more desirable the 5 inch new service or the target model
Well, when you say 5" you will have to clarify as the Target model came with the 7 1/2" barrel back then so anything else would have been extremely rare. As far as the 5" New Services were concerned, only the .38 & .357 calibers were made with the 5" barrel. Anything else would have been a special order. All other calibers had standard barrel lengths of 4 1/2", 5 1/2" & 7 1/2".

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I agree. The pictures could be better. I have snagged a few good ones with sellers having bad pictures. You send them an e-mail and tell them that you are interested but need more and better pictures e-mailed to you.
Correct, lousy pictures in an ad can sometimes be a good thing for a buyer. One of my nicest Custom Combat Commanders had crappy pictures but after talking to the seller I ended up buying it. Still puts a smile on my face whenever I pull it from the safe.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
I asked the seller for better pics because I won’t buy a gun online if I cant see good pics of stamps and roll marks. Seller said this was the best he can do, and was not helpful. Basically he said you just need to trust me! Ummm this ain’t Walmart where I can just return it. I believe he may be hiding something if he refused to provide better pics when a buyer asks. Beware here.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
He may have thought you are just kicking tires and doesn't want to waste time with you. Did you ask nicely or say "I think you're hiding something and want to check?" Each person has to handle their negotiations individually. It is unlikely he's "hiding something" when all of the over 300 guns he is selling have similar quality pictures. Like COLT 1883 HAMMEERLESS 12GA MADE IN 1887 - Side By Side Shotguns at GunBroker.com : 866214325 He just doesn't know how or have a camera to take better ones.

I wouldn't say beware of this buyer for example, because to me the pictures are pretty good, and I would just ask if I have an inspection period.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
To be fair he listed this gun a few weeks back $500 cheaper than it is now. His advert was quiet sharp saying if it doesn’t sell it’s going to auction.
yet here it is listed a few weeks older at a higher price

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
azshot..I would not be wasting my time as you assumed , if i were not interested in buying it. I did so before this was this thread was made. Seriously....If sellers assume each buyer is just a tire kicker then good luck getting a premium price with poor images that inadvertently wont show the important details needed to determine condition. . Again I go by the rule if they wont give me better pictures there is usually a good reason.
If you are willing to go down that path...go for it! I stay clear of those red flags!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts