Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time my hand loading station was in a work shop, with separate entry, attached to my house. But for the last decade I have made that station in the basement. It isn't anything fancy but it gets the job done.

Where do you reload?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I use a Lee hand press to do most of the standard handgun calibers - about 20K rounds in a little over 4 years. I do this in my home office/den. Everything goes out of sight when I'm done, either in the desk, under the desk or in the covered bookshelf that sits on top of the desk (it's a large L-shaped desk).

My tumbler and dirty brass storage is in the garage. You have a pretty nice setup there.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Like you, I have my reloading benches and everything that is needed,down in the basement. I am on a hill so never had a problem with water in the basement. I need to organize it a lot better. I have so many bags and containers of brass and bullets and books and too much other stuff like deer horns,duck mounts,black bear hides,grouse tail fans,tukey feathers, Indian artifacts,showshoes,gunsmithing equipment and on andon-too much in one small area.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Mine is in the Garage... luckily i live in a warm climate, is that an RCBS Powder drop? I was looking at one on Amazon i have always loved RCBS dies and all the products they make.

For a long time my hand loading station was in a work shop, with separate entry, attached to my house. But for the last decade I have made that station in the basement. It isn't anything fancy but it gets the job done.

Where do you reload?

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is in the Garage... luckily i live in a warm climate, is that an RCBS Powder drop? I was looking at one on Amazon i have always loved RCBS dies and all the products they make.
Yes, it is an RCBS, as is almost all of my standard reloading gear. Also some Redding and a few benchrest reloading pieces. The two piece powder weighing set is extremely accurate but you can't be in a hurry to get 50 or more rounds loaded, it takes a little time.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I guess you could call this a "man cave" as it is semi underground:

Actually, we were in the process of moving from that place and a place in the country to another home.
This is what I am working on now:

I plan to have my reloading bench behind the easy chair and in front of the safe.
My bench and the easy chair are facing this:

First time I have ever had my books all in one place. Going slow so I don't mess up anything.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
You could call my reloading area a "man cave" considering the small size and overall feeling of being in a confined space. Actually it is more of a "man closet" because the only space I have suitable is in the second bedroom closet. Works pretty well for me though.

Property Room Building Furniture Floor
Wood Table Machine Furniture Hardwood
Under-cabinet lighting Room Shelf Furniture

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
In 2005 I had a new work shop built to replace a ramshackle wood frame, metal sided, home built out building. Bought from Home Depot and erected on a new concrete slab:

On a good day, this is sort of what my reloading corner looks like:

And loaded ammunition srorage, again on a good day, which was probable four years ago!

But, it works for me!

Bob Wright

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. Mine is a man cave. It's really nice to have a place to go when I get sent to my room. :)

Just speaking for me, I'd love to see the rest of that deer head! I keep three of them in the basement, in close proximity to my reloading bench. And by the way, as it is for ALL of these shots - lovely cave!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.