Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a problem. Now I'm a Colt Python Stocks junky. I can see collecting the Revolver but now here I sit with Python Factory Wood Stocks filling up quite a bit of space in my safe!
I find myself scouring auction sites and gunshow tables just for stocks.
I think I could have bought two or three mint Pythons for what I've spent on wood alone in the last two months. I just can't seem to resist when I find them (mint) for under $100 (in any vintage) and I "must" have them.
Hopefully I'll end up attaching them all to something in the near future. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Anyone else have this problem too?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
be glad you dont make holsters, sometimes i buy something so i can make a holster for it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif sad isnt it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm building a 1908 that began when I found a $5 front sight.
Issues???
You better believe it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
It IS sad and kind of pathetic if you think about it. I once found a single 308 Norma Mag empty case at the range and later built a custom rifle to use it in. Maybe sick better describes some of our actions in the hobby.

Keep buying the stocks, making the holsters, and building those firearms. It's apparently good for the soul.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Man you're scaring me WS23.
I once saw a guy shooting a 22 Jet at a range (I'd never heard of a Jet) and just had to have one. He gave me a case and I still have it. All those years later I just had to buy one.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Uh-oh ~ I feel an itch starting!

I have a pair of ivory grips for a New Service, and I need a gun to put them on. Now I feel like it would be more fun to assemble one from parts rather than to just buy the gun. I don't mean to say to assemble from parts guns, but to find each individual component separately.

How's that for bizarre thinking?

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are well ahead of the game... There are very few people with your forsight...

The collection of grips/handles/stocks that you have acculimated has surely enhanced its value recently...

The DB's, Pythons, SA's etc. has gone thru the roof...

Way to go...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.